Quantcast
Digi makes analog tape emulation fx plugins - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digi makes analog tape emulation fx plugins
Old 29th January 2007
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
tone4407's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Digi makes analog tape emulation fx plugins

They're coming out soon...i'm verrrry intersted to hear em.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details

Old 29th January 2007
  #2
Lives for gear
 
XHipHop's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Have you tried the massey one?

http://www.masseyplugins.com/

My boy that uses protools loves their stuff and it's cheap. Just curious what you gearslutzs though.
Old 31st January 2007 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
tone4407's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I haven't tried the Massey plugs yet, but I've heard great things about them. Whats the deal, they're available for free download without restrictions?? Or are the downloads demo versions?
Old 31st January 2007 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
azwun25's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
stilll no good tape emulation for VST..this makes me nuts
Old 31st January 2007 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25 ➡️
stilll no good tape emulation for VST..this makes me nuts
Isn't Magneto VST? Colortone also supports VST, and some of the tape impulses sound really great.
Old 31st January 2007 | Show parent
  #6
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by khameln ➡️
Isn't Magneto VST? Colortone also supports VST, and some of the tape impulses sound really great.

nothing like mcdsp and phoenix in VST land. Colortone sounds like an eq more than anything and it doesnt react to the music like the mcdsp and phoenix plugs. just imparts a stiff signature. I tried colortone on mixbuss with some of the impulses off the member forum. sound may get bigger but stereo image suffers greatly. magneto just too old a plugin. so many advances since its release.

vst land continues to suffer.
Old 31st January 2007 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
defjamm's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25 ➡️
stilll no good tape emulation for VST..this makes me nuts
not just vst, there are some useful plugins like the mcdsp stuff but they are not close/good emulations of what they are supposed to replicate.
i also agree on colortone, maybe useful for some things but you won't be able to model tape with static irs. it's more like an eq.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/analogflux/

this one is supposed to be the closest for vst (i don't use it).

http://www.acusticaudio.com/

^^these guys will sample tape but unless i hear a comparison i won't comment on how close/good it will be.
Old 1st February 2007 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
lpkyer's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by defjamm ➡️
not just vst, there are some useful plugins like the mcdsp stuff but they are not close/good emulations of what they are supposed to replicate.
i also agree on colortone, maybe useful for some things but you won't be able to model tape with static irs. it's more like an eq.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/analogflux/

this one is supposed to be the closest for vst (i don't use it).

http://www.acusticaudio.com/

^^these guys will sample tape but unless i hear a comparison i won't comment on how close/good it will be.
I cant live without the analogflux suite anymore....it really add something to drums.

And the PHA-797 is like a little labs....but only 39.99 and you can use it on as many sources as you want....
Old 1st February 2007 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
flail19's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone4407 ➡️
I haven't tried the Massey plugs yet, but I've heard great things about them. Whats the deal, they're available for free download without restrictions?? Or are the downloads demo versions?
They will run but (someone correct me if I'm wrong) they wont run on a stereo track, only supports 44.1k or 48k and it won't save your settings.
Old 2nd February 2007 | Show parent
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
tone4407's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flail19 ➡️
They will run but (someone correct me if I'm wrong) they wont run on a stereo track, only supports 44.1k or 48k and it won't save your settings.
right on, thanks
Old 2nd February 2007 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by upscaps ➡️
nothing like mcdsp and phoenix in VST land. Colortone sounds like an eq more than anything and it doesnt react to the music like the mcdsp and phoenix plugs. just imparts a stiff signature. I tried colortone on mixbuss with some of the impulses off the member forum. sound may get bigger but stereo image suffers greatly. magneto just too old a plugin. so many advances since its release.

vst land continues to suffer.
Very true about VST. The only tape plugin that makes a nice difference is the Voxengo Tapebus. It really does some nice things especialy to drums and bass.
Old 3rd February 2007 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
World Of Wiz's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop ➡️
Have you tried the massey one?

http://www.masseyplugins.com/

My boy that uses protools loves their stuff and it's cheap. Just curious what you gearslutzs though.

I've messed with them love them. I plan to use them when I finally upgrade my Pro Tools rig.

Wiz
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 406 views: 63817
Avatar for Trendkill
Trendkill 18th November 2011
replies: 295 views: 72558
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 178917
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 67 views: 13956
Avatar for Daisuk
Daisuk 22nd July 2019
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump