Depth - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Depth
Old 2nd November 2017
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Depth

Thanks for taking the time to do this Vance! One thing that I really think sets your mixes apart for me is the drums. They have the impact and presence of being behind the kit, but they serve as an anchor for the huge front to back depth of your mixes. Can you share some of your thoughts on drums and depth of feild?
Old 7th November 2017
Special Guest

🎧 15 years
Well, thanks for the kind words....
I'm weird when it comes to drums as I want it to sound like the drums are in front of me, not me behind them.. I never ever use drummer's perspective... (if the drummer is left handed I pan the drums as if I am looking at them.. floor on the right hat on the left.. that really ****s me up..)
Also I love the room.. I try to make the room as much apart of the sound as possible. And I love echo.. short analog delays and distortion boxes on certain parts of the kit always make me happy.. I want it feel more complicated than it was played, somehow..?
Thanks!
📝 Reply