Reverb choices? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverb choices?
Old 3 days ago

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Reverb choices?

Hi Inigo, a short question please?
I read you use reverb to shape or mix sounds (as well as put sounds in a space).
What are your reverb favorites? Why?
Any new reverbs you are looking at? (Plugins?)
Thank you!
Old 3 days ago
Special Guest

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil ➡️
Hi Inigo, a short question please?
I read you use reverb to shape or mix sounds (as well as put sounds in a space).
What are your reverb favorites? Why?
Any new reverbs you are looking at? (Plugins?)
Thank you!
My go to in software are the Valhalla Vintage Verb and Valhalla Super Massive. It's unbelievable that an effect of the quality of Super Massive is free and it just had some new modes added to it too! I also use the Eventide Blackhole from time to time. It's worth mentioning the Valley Audio Plateau in VCV Rack too. That is gorgeous and always in my patches. It's pretty clear from these that I'm not after sonic accuracy or realistic spaces and that's the main reason for using them. Fantastic value for money as well especially give that two of them cost nothing at all.

In the hardware world I'm currently using a Strymon Big Sky and a Source Audio Ventris. Both of these are units that I have taken on the road when I'm DJing but recently have proved to be really nice additions to the hardware set up I've been working with. In particular the combination of these with the Waldorf Pulse, Waldorf Microwave XT and Nord Modular G1 is brilliant.

I'm always looking at new reverbs but have managed to keep a lid on the gear lust quite well. That said I've been eyeing up the Baby Audio Spaced Out this week.
Old 3 days ago

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Solid tips. Thank you again!
📝 Reply