Quantcast
Percussion and Drum sounds - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Percussion and Drum sounds
Old 12th January 2019
  #1
Here for the gear
 
Percussion and Drum sounds

Hi Starcadian!

Obviously you use a lot of emulations of classic synths to get that 80s sound -- or maybe you even use real 80s synths.

I'm just wondering how you do drum and percussion sounds. Do you use real 80s sounds, i.e. samples of classic drum machines, or just choose your own sounds and keep the processing in the right style for the sound?

If you do use any particular software or sample library to get those great drum sounds, what is it? And do you have any tips for getting that 80s synthwave drum sound?

Thanks!

Michael
Old 16th January 2019
  #2
Special Guest
 
starcadian's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
99% VPS Avenger these days, but if you're looking for true Synthwave sounding Drums, get SyDrums by BeatSkillz, that's a pretty rad sounding drum kit!!
Old 16th January 2019
  #3
GS Community Manager
 
Whitecat's Avatar
Speak of the devil...

64% off "Synthwave Drums" by Beatskillz

Discount good for slightly more than 6 more days from the time of this post!
1
Share
Old 16th January 2019 | Show parent
  #4
Special Guest
 
starcadian's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat ➡️
Speak of the devil...

64% off "Synthwave Drums" by Beatskillz

Discount good for slightly more than 6 more days from the time of this post!
That's the one! The multi-out is reaaaaaally handy for processing each sound specifically, if you choose to do so, definitely recommend!
Old 17th January 2019 | Show parent
  #5
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcadian ➡️
99% VPS Avenger these days, but if you're looking for true Synthwave sounding Drums, get SyDrums by BeatSkillz, that's a pretty rad sounding drum kit!!
Awesome, I'll check both of those out! I was thinking of buying Avenger anyway, but I didn't know it was good for drums too!
Old 17th January 2019 | Show parent
  #6
Special Guest
 
starcadian's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_fugue ➡️
Awesome, I'll check both of those out! I was thinking of buying Avenger anyway, but I didn't know it was good for drums too!
Oh it's DEFINITELY worth the money, I love it! I have almost all the expansions too, there's some Trance and Hardstyle ones that are a "No from me, dawg" though.

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4835 views: 477484
Avatar for Sam Marks
Sam Marks 4 days ago
replies: 0 views: 505
Avatar for SynthLife
SynthLife 17th October 2019

Forum Jump
Forum Jump