Quantcast
Mike´s PT setup - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mike´s PT setup
Old 3rd June 2004
  #1
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Talking Mike´s PT setup

Mike,

Would you mind sharing your own Pro Toos studio´s gear list / favorite plugs / outboard / reverbs...
We all are G E A R S L U T Z and have great desire for this.
Any pictures ?

Thanks a lot !
Old 3rd June 2004
  #2
Captain
 
Mike Shipley's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
My Protools set up is an HDAccel system with 6 Accel cards and a Procontrol. The plug favourite's is such a personal thing but at the moment I am partial to the URS plugs , the Cranesong Pheonix plug, Metaflanger , soundblender, whatever compressor works , which varies a lot. Then the Folcrom etc. We have every plug known to man on this system so we're pretty covered and having all the Accel power means we can run a lot of stuff if need be.
Old 4th June 2004
  #3
Lives for gear
 
clip6's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Mike in a previous post in Dec. 03 you mentioned you were going to get an Icon console. I'm sure you've had a private demo of that piece by now. Are you still going to order one?
Old 4th June 2004
  #4
Gear Head
 
obyone's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
How about the SSL controller, I'm sure Mike would be into having ssl compressor's and e.q's...
Old 5th June 2004
  #5
Lives for gear
 
cajonezzz's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by shipshape
My Protools set up is an HDAccel system with 6 Accel cards and a Procontrol. The plug favourite's is such a personal thing but at the moment I am partial to the URS plugs , the Cranesong Pheonix plug, Metaflanger , soundblender, whatever compressor works , which varies a lot. Then the Folcrom etc. We have every plug known to man on this system so we're pretty covered and having all the Accel power means we can run a lot of stuff if need be.
Is this set up at your home Mike? what are you monitoring on....amps etc.
Are you on a G5?
If you do use a home space, is it designed with mixing in mind, or just an available room?

thanks !
Old 5th June 2004
  #6
Captain
 
Mike Shipley's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I have 2 set ups at home at the moment one is a control room I designed myself , it seems to work just fine.Its got a ''compression" ceiling , and looks like a big living room. I don't care for contol rooms that look all grey and dark etc so I've got a lot of natural light in the room.
No parallel walls etc. and a lot of big couches and such. I had a little help with trapping but we really did it ourselves to be more like a living room than a typical studio. I don't use big monitors so I don't buy into the whole "dead" control thing with nearfield speakers. Tho we made sure it was accurate of course.
I have a mix plus system in another room so that overdubs etc can be going on while I'm mixing(just like today!) Both rooms are a good size. It's all about vibe as well as accuracy and so many studios are so generic.
I am using a G5 dual 2gigfor the HD rig , on the mix plus is a dual 1.2 gig.
As for monitors I have the obligatory ns10's with a Bryston 4B amp. I don't listen loud and never have except for once or twice a day for a minute or so to check it out but my aveage monitoring level is quite low so I don't need a lot of power just very clean. I have a pair of of KRK E8's and I'm trying the Adam's right now.
Old 5th June 2004
  #7
Gear Nut
 
Lindell 2nd's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by shipshape
I have 2 set ups at home at the moment one is a control room I designed myself
Mike, do you have your studio in your house where you live? Or a small commercial space? ....just curious

Cheers,
Old 5th June 2004
  #8
Lives for gear
 
jeronimo's Avatar
Some pics would be awsome
Old 5th June 2004
  #9
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Mike,

For home ITB mixing you're using the Fulcrom. What are you using to amplify the back end, and what do you strap across the stereo bus?

Have you tried Impact? What are your thoughts?
Old 5th June 2004
  #10
Gear Guru
 
thethrillfactor's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by juniorhifikit
Mike,

For home ITB mixing you're using the Fulcrom. What are you using to amplify the back end, and what do you strap across the stereo bus?

Have you tried Impact? What are your thoughts?
I think he posted somewhere he is using a Cranesong Flamingo and a HEDD 192.
Old 6th June 2004
  #11
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
I think he posted somewhere he is using a Cranesong Flamingo and a HEDD 192.
Ah, nice. Thanks.

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 5901 views: 1897145
Avatar for Paul_G
Paul_G 5 days ago
replies: 0 views: 2723
Avatar for blacklight_uk
blacklight_uk 11th April 2010
replies: 15929 views: 1539367
Avatar for Ragan
Ragan 11th January 2019

Forum Jump
Forum Jump