Quantcast
While studying what were some of the most influential/mind opening books you read? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
While studying what were some of the most influential/mind opening books you read?
Old 23rd December 2020
Here for the gear
While studying what were some of the most influential/mind opening books you read?

While studying physics and connecting that to music to create a useful product what were some of the most influential/mind opening books you read?

Elaborate on the process of how one starts synthesizing physics and real world applications to generate useful ideas?
Old 27th December 2020
Special Guest

🎧 5 years
Hello Jay,

it was kind of family affairs to highly appreciate physics, and as a late teen I became involved with mainly classical music. There was no big synthesizing, but a friend one day started a loudspeaker DIY project and showed me the drivers. I took the first 12" woofer in my hand without knowing anything I had the feeling that this was overwhelmingly interesting, so: basically a love affair.

When I was a student stereophonic recordings became the standard and it was a - never ending - challenge to have a realistic reproduction of these always improving recordings. Judging speakers needs to have an idea about the original acoustical sounds, so it was helpful to visit countless classical concerts and playing the piano and organ myself. It was a charm for me to "create" realistic sounding speakers. One day I met Oskar Heil who had invented the Air Motion Transformer that for me was a much more accurate transducer that sealed my fate to stay with loudspeakers. Compared to "real" physics they offer the chance to achieve something on your own, which in the end is satisfying.

Greetings

Klaus