Quantcast
Linearizer or Sonarworks - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Linearizer or Sonarworks
Old 21st December 2020
Here for the gear

Linearizer or Sonarworks

Hallo Klaus und Fred,
I've recently bought the Hedd Type 20 in Spain and I will have to wait till January or February to get them 😅. My question is about the Linearizer that now comes as DSP inside the monitor. I'm tracking and mixing, and I saw that there is latency with the DSP. I'm using Sonarworks and for sure I will continue to use it, is it better for me to still use it or do you recommend the Linearizer instead and why? Perhaps both at the same time and why? For tracking and monitoring obviously it isn't the best option since there is latency, and I can't reach the button everytime I have to switch behind the speakers because I would have to move my desk, is there an option to turn it off via software like it was with the mk1? Compared to the software Sonarworks, what does the Linearizer do better, I understood that they both flatten the frequency response, how does it calculate my room acoustics? Dankeschön for your time and I'll be looking forward to hear them in my room...in January 😭.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Alejandro
Old 27th December 2020
Special Guest

🎧 5 years
Dear Alejandro,

many thanks for your question, the on board Lineariser has a much smaller latency when the Lineariser is engaged (from around 10ms in the T05 to 20ms in the big speakers). Still too high for flawless recording but much better for mixing and mastering. The Lineariser does not address your room acoustics at all, it only solves the time-related delays within the specific speaker model. So it can be used in cooperation with Sonarworks, it is not an alternative. All best