Quantcast
Reference material - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reference material
Old 16th December 2020
GS Community Manager

Reference material

Good morning gents, thanks again for hanging out with us for a bit!

Was wondering what kind of reference material you like to use when you’re refining your products (monitors and heddphones!) and if there are any suggestions you have for users who might be evaluating products in their own setups! Surely pink noise and sine waves eventually get tiring - are there any records or other audio sources that are just amazing for using as part of the design/testing process?
Old 17th December 2020
Special Guest

🎧 5 years
Dear Scott,

when fine-tuning speakers during R&D phase we often work with acoustic material (often classical). The core team at HEDD has an extensive background in active musicianship and engineering (recording, acoustics, mastering) which is very useful when discussing accuracy, realism, imaging in a speaker or headphone.

On the other hand we are from Berlin which obviously is a Mecca for electronic music and we are well connected with other companies in town like Ableton and Native Instruments. Quite a big amount of our music producing customers work in EDM, Drum&Bass, HipHop, Grime. I think HEDD speakers are really great for this modern transient-rich, bass-heavy sound.

I ll share a few tracks in our reference playlist tomorrow.

All best, Freddy
Old 21st December 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I would be interested here also as an EDM producer, but I listen to classic a lot and would be interested what you would recommend for a listen.