Quantcast
ISP decimator noise reduction when tracking guitars? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ISP decimator noise reduction when tracking guitars?
Old 7th July 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
ISP decimator noise reduction when tracking guitars?

Thanks for doing this Q&A. Im really fan of your great work

Sometimes I like the sound of a fender tele for some overdubs in even rock and metal.
I use to deal with the noise later with gates or automation, but then I stumbled upon the ISP decimator products. I feel like these gates are even better than any plugin gate I have tried yet and Im tempted to start tracking using those. But they are not perfect and can cut the tone slightly.
Do you ever track with gates like the ISP stuff or do you deal with any noise issues later?

What gate plugins do you use for guitar?

Thanks
Old 12th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixer04 ➡️
Sometimes I like the sound of a fender tele for some overdubs in even rock and metal.
I use to deal with the noise later with gates or automation, but then I stumbled upon the ISP decimator products. I feel like these gates are even better than any plugin gate I have tried yet and Im tempted to start tracking using those. But they are not perfect and can cut the tone slightly.
Do you ever track with gates like the ISP stuff or do you deal with any noise issues later?
Thanks, man. Yeah, Tele's are fantastic, I absolutely love them! I've done a few albums using them as main rhythms (more rock oriented stuff). For open chords and bite, nothing beats a Telecaster. Noise doesn't bother me that much, but with single coils, it's really a lot about being in an environment where they can't easily pick stuff up.

I have screened power cables in my studio for this purpose, and I always try to find a position in relation to the tube amp where it hums as little as possible. I've never used gates or noise suppressors on the instrument signal, I'm too paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixer04 ➡️
What gate plugins do you use for guitar
I don't, never did. I edit anything I need manually.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…