Band drama - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Band drama
Old 4th July 2020
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Band drama

Thank for the Q&A, Jens!

I think there's an idea that once someone gets to your level, all the band related drama goes away, which I am guessing is quite far from truth.

Do you still finding yourself having to deal with bands breaking up in the middle of a project, conflicting directions from band members, mix revision notes that are page long essays, and similar situations? Or have you implemented certain rules in place to avoid things like that based on your past experiences?
Old 7th July 2020
Cheers! I can't recall any band breakups during the studio session, but I know of several that happened as a result of it. Most bands are adults though. But yeah, the climate can be tough to work in if there are conflicting ideas in the band or someone that is constantly spreading negative vibes.

When it comes to mix feedback, I've seen it all. I always ask for a consolidated feed from one channel/producer/leader. Some bands are very feed-heavy, whilst some won't have a single thing to say. It's interesting psychology.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…