Quantcast
Your personal favourite mixes you've done? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your personal favourite mixes you've done?
Old 30th June 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Your personal favourite mixes you've done?

Hi Jens,

I've been observing your work and the evolution of some of your aesthetic preferences as a mix engineer for a long time now, and I was wondering what you consider to be your own mixes that you're most proud of and think showcase your best work.

Sort of if you were someone else and you were thinking of throwing in 3 - 5 of your favourite Jens Bogren mixes, if you will. I do have such a reference folder of my own, and it features 3 - 5 of your mixes, but I'm really intrigued by how you see it.
Old 7th July 2020
Hey man, wow that's such a hard question. I usually have an idea of how I think some of my mixes are sounding. However, if I listen back that's not always correct. But I rarely listen back.

If I have to choose or take a guess at my sonic preferences, then perhaps it would be something like (albums):
Exhorder - Mourn the Southern Sky
Witchcraft: Legend
Mokoma: Ihmissokkelo
Septic Flesh: Codex Omega
Katatonia: Fall of Hearts
Sepultura: Quadra

Random internal order. And there are many others that have a special place in my heart, like Amorphis, Opeth, Kreator, Soilwork to name a few. So that's why it's hard or impossible for me to judge this.
Old 7th July 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thank you for narrowing it down anyway. I have to say, Quadra and Codex Omega stand as two of my favourites too, and there are a couple of albums you've named that I'm actually not familiar with. I know what I'm going to be listening to tomorrow!

On a related note, I was hoping to see one of the Leprous albums you've mixed in that list. Malina is one of the most special and beautiful sounding albums I've ever heard.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…