Quantcast
Dye Another Day - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dye Another Day
Old 30th November 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

🎧 15 years
Dye Another Day

(Excuse the self-referential title, I just couldn't resist borrowing Mike Jasper's Bond theme.)

WOW!!! This month went by so quickly, too fast for me. I had a fantastic time guest moderating. I can't thank Jules and all of you enough for being so for positive + encouraging. I'm so glad Jules invited me, and I really appreciate the time + effort you all put into your excellent questions + posts.

When I started out a couple of years ago sharing my experiences via the Master Classes @ DigiWorld, my website + later with Hard Disk Life I did it simply because I wanted to help others with what I had learned about working on PT. But I really had no idea of how rewarding it would also be. As many of you know, it feels good to help others get the results they are searching for with their music. There is a distant vicarious thrill to it, almost as if you're in the control room with them hearing the results of their hard work. But all of your kind posts of thanks + appreciation are an even higher reward. Coming here this month has confirmed to me that what I'm doing is really the right thing.

GEARSLUTZ.com, I have to say with great admiration to Jules, has one of the most positive environments of any audio forum I've ever been to. It's quite refreshing to say the least. I know I didn't get to respond to all of the posts as completely as I would've liked to, but I will definitely continue to contribute here and I will try to re-start some of the unfinished threads. I will also be updating my website charlesdye.com in the future, so be looking for that, and my mixing column Hard Disk Life continues over at Digidesign's website.

And I'd like to share with you that Jules has invited me to return as a guest moderator in about six months, it all depends on my work schedule, so please don't hold us to the exact date, but I'm really looking forward to it. To keep the forum interesting and rich with content it requires that I not be knee deep in a 14-hour/7 day a week project. (Which is kinda what I was side-blinded with here in the last two weeks of this month's forum.) So, as long as I have the time to do it right—I'll be back.

Lastly, I want to thank you all again for being so generous with your experiences + techniques to help others, and for your appreciation. It really means a lot to me.

All the best,
Charles heh
Old 30th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Word.
Old 1st December 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thanks Charles for all the great info, here and in Hard Disk Life !
Old 1st December 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Hope my incessant comments and questions didn't annoy you to much.

Great forum!
Old 1st December 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

🎧 15 years
Thanks everyone!!!

I'm really glad you all enjoyed the forum.

Mike, It's all good. Thank you.
Old 1st December 2002
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Charles, thanks for the discussion, take care Logan
Old 2nd December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks again!
Old 2nd December 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
thanks!

i had a great time too...

it is nice to receive valuable advice from someone as down-to-earth and positive as yourself.

thanks charles,

-cal