The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Console Emulation Plugins
Old 15th June 2020

🎧 15 years
Console Emulation Plugins

Hi John, thanks a lot for doing this. Do you like to use plugins that emulate consoles? I’m talking about plugins that generate harmonics and add console color. I read that you don’t use Pro Tool’s Heat but what about others such as Slate’s Virtual Console Collection, Waves NLS, Soundtoys’ Little Radiator, Plugin Alliance’s Black Box, among others.

Best regards!
Old 15th June 2020
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz ➡️
Hi John, thanks a lot for doing this. Do you like to use plugins that emulate consoles? I’m talking about plugins that generate harmonics and add console color. I read that you don’t use Pro Tool’s Heat but what about others such as Slate’s Virtual Console Collection, Waves NLS, Soundtoys’ Little Radiator, Plugin Alliance’s Black Box, among others.

Best regards!
Nothing used across all tracks for full console emulation. We will use vintage emulated EQ, Channel Strips on certain sounds for a specific effect or purpose.

I'm mostly familiar with Waves, Soundtoys, and UAD offerings in these areas. so many to choose from so it isn't really a choice of which sounds best! or most! but which one I remember when I'm looking for something.