The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
your best mix
Old 13th June 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
your best mix

hi, thank you so much for doing this.

what is the song that you mixed that you are most proud of?
i was trying to find some songs that you mixed,
but couldn't find your website or instagram page.
if you have a website or instagram page that i can look at your discography, could you let me know please?
Old 17th June 2020
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldvodka ➡️
hi, thank you so much for doing this.

what is the song that you mixed that you are most proud of?
i was trying to find some songs that you mixed,
but couldn't find your website or instagram page.
if you have a website or instagram page that i can look at your discography, could you let me know please?
I personally don't have a big presence on Social Media. No Instagram or website.

My credits are here on Jaxsta
https://jaxsta.com/profile/b8a8b8e0-...gue?view=tile;

But due to the way they are often copywritten at the label (often despite specific language that we give them), it might look like I'm actually mixing a lot of projects that are actually mixed by Serban Ghenea.

(ie. Uptown Funk should be Mixed by Serban Ghenea and Engineer, or Mix Engineer John Hanes)

I've highlighted some of my mixes at the top of that page; (Mixed by John Hanes)

In addition, I'm not credited at all on some things that I've mixed. Dotan Harpenau's "No Words", "Numb", and "Letting Go" for example.

Proper credit and proper Credits are an ongoing issue.

All that said; I felt really good about the Dotan mixes. I'm really proud of the mixing on the upcoming release of Morgan Saint's EP where I mixed 6 songs.

The TxT "9 and Three Quarters" mix was really challenging and I think it came out great.
Old 17th June 2020
Special Guest

Also, related to credits again as listed on Jaxsta.

I should not have any credits for songwriting, producing, performing, programming, or playing drums.

I am strictly an Engineer and sometimes Mixer.

As I said, credit and Credits are an ongoing issue!
Old 17th June 2020 | Show parent
NdK
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHanes ➡️
In addition, I'm not credited at all on some things that I've mixed. Dotan Harpenau's "No Words", "Numb", and "Letting Go" for example.

All that said; I felt really good about the Dotan mixes.
Wow! Great to find out that you mixed Dotan. I'm from the Netherlands so i've heard Numb many times and noticed the mix. Great work! Unfortunately it is difficult to find credits for Dutch songs. Just listened to No Words and Letting Go, didn't know about them. Great mix again!
Old 17th June 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I love the sounds of the Halsey album. All the vocals sound phenomenal, almost as if she was in the room with you.
Old 17th June 2020 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Didn’t know about Jaxsta, great credits page. Thanks!
Old 18th June 2020

🎧 10 years
Quote:
My credits are here on Jaxsta
https://jaxsta.com/profile/b8a8b8e0-...gue?view=tile;

But due to the way they are often copywritten at the label (often despite specific language that we give them), it might look like I'm actually mixing a lot of projects that are actually mixed by Serban Ghenea.

Quote:
Also, related to credits again as listed on Jaxsta.

I should not have any credits for songwriting, producing, performing, programming, or playing drums.

I am strictly an Engineer and sometimes Mixer.

As I said, credit and Credits are an ongoing issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz ➡️
Didn’t know about Jaxsta, great credits page. Thanks!
Regarding JAXSTA and credits - I'm just going to mention a couple of things (John and I both have personal contacts @ JAXSTA) that might not have been clear if you're not aware of them!

I've made a few posts regarding them in various parts of the forum - if you have label credits, at the moment you can sign up for a free "PRO" account (lasts til the end of the year) where you can manage your page, get chart alerts and all their other features.

The other thing is above where John mentions the credits not being correct - the difference between JAXSTA and other sites like allmusic and discogs is where those sites rely on data entry by volunteers (and thus are heavily reliant on artwork, and it's hard to get details changed), JAXSTA is interfaced with labels - and receives THEIR details for the label copy.

So - if the label has things right, JAXSTA has it right. If the label doesn't, the info on JAXSTA will be incorrect too. As John has pointed out above, it's a problem with the labels' record keeping in these cases!
Old 18th June 2020 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
Regarding JAXSTA and credits - I'm just going to mention a couple of things (John and I both have personal contacts @ JAXSTA) that might not have been clear if you're not aware of them!

I've made a few posts regarding them in various parts of the forum - if you have label credits, at the moment you can sign up for a free "PRO" account (lasts til the end of the year) where you can manage your page, get chart alerts and all their other features.

The other thing is above where John mentions the credits not being correct - the difference between JAXSTA and other sites like allmusic and discogs is where those sites rely on data entry by volunteers (and thus are heavily reliant on artwork, and it's hard to get details changed), JAXSTA is interfaced with labels - and receives THEIR details for the label copy.

So - if the label has things right, JAXSTA has it right. If the label doesn't, the info on JAXSTA will be incorrect too. As John has pointed out above, it's a problem with the labels' record keeping in these cases!
Awesome. Already subscribed and merged 3 different profiles into 1. Been checking out the page and I really do like it more than the others options.

Thanks for the tip guys!
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NdK ➡️
Wow! Great to find out that you mixed Dotan. I'm from the Netherlands so i've heard Numb many times and noticed the mix. Great work! Unfortunately it is difficult to find credits for Dutch songs. Just listened to No Words and Letting Go, didn't know about them. Great mix again!
Thank you!
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️

Yes, so I wanted to make sure to say that I fully support and love Jaxsta!

For years and years I've basically ignored the credits because there was no really good place to find them accurately. Now that I'm reading the official credits on Jaxsta, I'm finding the mistakes, errors, and misprints from the Label copy and artwork.

They've done a lot of great work in finding and correcting any duplicates and data errors from the massive amount of data that they are ingesting. Most of the mistakes are on the Record Label / artist management side of things.

I really want Jaxsta to succeed not only because they are providing a great resource, but they are also really nice people, care a lot about their product, and I think that the website they've developed is really a neat way to do deep dives into the interconnections and relationships of the music world.