The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Investment
Old 11th June 2020
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Investment

Hello John Hanes,

Thank you again for doing this, I've learn so much from this Q&A.

May I ask you what has been the most useful investment for your career so far?

I'm a freelance mixer and I keep buying things, it seems to never end . Do you have any tips?

Best regards,

Nate
Old 13th June 2020
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young.baws ➡️
Hello John Hanes,

Thank you again for doing this, I've learn so much from this Q&A.

May I ask you what has been the most useful investment for your career so far?

I'm a freelance mixer and I keep buying things, it seems to never end . Do you have any tips?

Best regards,

Nate
No tips on that sorry. We also seem to be constantly buying plugins and upgrading others.

I think the best thing you can do is to make your computer hardware last as long as possible. Get a stable configuration and hang on as long as possible.

We dont actually update the main protools system very often. Still working on 2013 trashcan Mac. I think we’re still running High Sierra OS. Maybe next year we’ll try the new tower Mac and new OS.
Old 13th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHanes ➡️
No tips on that sorry. We also seem to be constantly buying plugins and upgrading others.

I think the best thing you can do is to make your computer hardware last as long as possible. Get a stable configuration and hang on as long as possible.

We dont actually update the main protools system very often. Still working on 2013 trashcan Mac. I think we’re still running High Sierra OS. Maybe next year we’ll try the new tower Mac and new OS.
Hello John Hanes,

Thank you very much for answering my question, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Nate
Old 13th June 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:

John, out of curiosity which processor are you running on that mac pro? the quad, six core or eight core?
Old 14th June 2020 | Show parent
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetB ➡️
John, out of curiosity which processor are you running on that mac pro? the quad, six core or eight core?
8 core, 64Gb ram
Old 14th June 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
8 core, 64Gb ram
Very interesting thank you