The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Collaboration and lending an ear
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Collaboration and lending an ear

Hi John

Many thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge of working with music!

It must be great having your best buddy in the next room, for those moments when a client is tough, deadlines are tight or when you just want to play your latest mix to someone.

May I ask how much you guys walk in and out of each others rooms during a day? :-)

Working with immersive sound these days, I guess you want to show your latest 'findings' to Serban.

What I miss the most, not sitting in a studio complex anymore, are those hallway moments when my studio neighbor had found a new great-sounding plug-in to show, or I wanted to share my latest theory about something.

1 + 1 = 3 when it comes to creativity, me thinks.

All the best
Fred
Old 16th June 2020
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy ➡️
Hi John

Many thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge of working with music!

It must be great having your best buddy in the next room, for those moments when a client is tough, deadlines are tight or when you just want to play your latest mix to someone.

May I ask how much you guys walk in and out of each others rooms during a day? :-)

Working with immersive sound these days, I guess you want to show your latest 'findings' to Serban.

What I miss the most, not sitting in a studio complex anymore, are those hallway moments when my studio neighbor had found a new great-sounding plug-in to show, or I wanted to share my latest theory about something.

1 + 1 = 3 when it comes to creativity, me thinks.

All the best
Fred
We are pretty much in touch most of the day; we'll actually keep the intercom on a lot when not needing to critically listen. It gets a bit lonely in the room by yourself so that is nice.

Lunch is the highlight of the day, we come together and talk for half an hour or so.

I love that feeling of collaboration as well; we're both so busy we don't do as much of that as we used to.