Quantcast
Vocal Plugin - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vocal Plugin
Old 8th March 2021
Here for the gear

Vocal Plugin

Hey Jordan!

I must say I like the look of your plugins. The GUI is very inviting. So my question is:

What inspired your Vocal plugin?
Old 10th March 2021
Special Guest

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Northall ➡️
Hey Jordan!

I must say I like the look of your plugins. The GUI is very inviting. So my question is:

What inspired your Vocal plugin?
Thanks so much Jay, we try really hard on the UI side of thinks to make plugins as intuitive and usable as possible, so I'm excited you picked up on that!

While all of the plugins actually have a usage for vocals, I presume you mean The Sauce. Honestly, that was the first plugin we made, and I built it because when I decided I wanted to get into the space, I started going through my own sessions and looking for tracks that has 5 or 6 plugins daisy chained, and thought, if I can find a solution for this in 1 tool, it would be a huge convenience and advantage for users. At the time I had just finished working on The Chainsmokers and BTS music, and I was doing a lot of vocal chops at the time. Anytime I would make a vocal chop I would chain a pitch/formant shifter, with distortion, stereo imaging, reverb, delay, chorus etc. So I thought why I don't I incorporate all of those effects into a usable tool with great presets to immediately get to a complex sound. So that's what we did.

In the future, I really view The Sauce as a multi-FX tool so we'll definitely add more features and FX in future versions to make it a 1 stop shop for any creative sounds that can dramatically change the feel of a record.
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

I totally get the reasoning behind making the sauce plugin! It's so much more creative when you have instant sounds at your finger tips without lots of routing and a-b'ing different plugins. It's a very cool idea and very efficient. It's great to work fast while you are in the zone!