The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quarantine workflow
Old 4th March 2021
Here for the gear

Quarantine workflow

Hey DJ Swivel thanks for reading this, I’m a big fan of your work! I actually enrolled in Full Sail University after learning more about your background and hearing your story. You are a true inspiration for me!

I wanted to know how has Covid affected your work (if at all) and how do you foresee the industry changing because of this “new normal” we are living in now.

Also any new skills or hobbies you’ve picked up during quarantine?
Old 4th March 2021
Special Guest

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhutchmusic ➡️
Hey DJ Swivel thanks for reading this, I’m a big fan of your work! I actually enrolled in Full Sail University after learning more about your background and hearing your story. You are a true inspiration for me!

I wanted to know how has Covid affected your work (if at all) and how do you foresee the industry changing because of this “new normal” we are living in now.

Also any new skills or hobbies you’ve picked up during quarantine?
Hey Ray, thanks for the question, and congrats on your enrollment (or graduation?) from Full Sail. Love that place and they helped me in big ways with my career. Regarding the new normal, to be totally honest, it hasn't changed my work one bit. I have to say I'm incredible lucky and grateful it hasn't, but a number of years ago, I built a studio in my house so that I could accomplish more. Generally speaking clients don't sit in on mixes (though there's been a couple this year), so I can work at my pace and I tend to get a lot accomplishes this way. That being said, I also have a studio house we rent out for clients, and that side of the business has been severely impacted by Covid.

As far as new skills, I've really gotten back into Chess (Queens Gambit got me!). I used to play a lot as a kid, but let it go. It's been a great way to stay sharp. I've also been diving into the world of NFT's and learning a lot about that, which is a very exciting space for creators. I encourage everyone to go learn a bit about NFT's as I think it's going to be a major change in how digital assets are distributed.
Old 4th March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djswivel ➡️
Hey Ray, thanks for the question, and congrats on your enrollment (or graduation?) from Full Sail. Love that place and they helped me in big ways with my career. Regarding the new normal, to be totally honest, it hasn't changed my work one bit. I have to say I'm incredible lucky and grateful it hasn't, but a number of years ago, I built a studio in my house so that I could accomplish more. Generally speaking clients don't sit in on mixes (though there's been a couple this year), so I can work at my pace and I tend to get a lot accomplishes this way. That being said, I also have a studio house we rent out for clients, and that side of the business has been severely impacted by Covid.

As far as new skills, I've really gotten back into Chess (Queens Gambit got me!). I used to play a lot as a kid, but let it go. It's been a great way to stay sharp. I've also been diving into the world of NFT's and learning a lot about that, which is a very exciting space for creators. I encourage everyone to go learn a bit about NFT's as I think it's going to be a major change in how digital assets are distributed.
I'm glad to hear your workflow has not been affected by the pandemic! I've seen on social media you're doing work with BTS that is super cool!

Full Sail has been an amazing investment I am so glad I enrolled, I am currently enrolled in the online Music Production program.

Queen Gambit also got me into chess as well. That was such an amazing show.

Any particular area of focus for NFT or recommended websites or books to check out? I'm definitely interested in learning more to get ahead of the curve, especially if you feel it'll be the new wave of digital asset distribution!
Old 8th March 2021 | Show parent
Special Guest

🎧 10 years
Tons of places to learn if you do a quick search. The main marketplaces you can view to see how the current market is selling their stuff would be nifty gateway, open sea, superrare, rarible. But every week it seems new ones are popping up!