Quantcast
Euphoria!!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Euphoria!!!
Old 23rd February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Euphoria!!!

Hey Jordan, love this song! Ive seen videos of how you built the beat for this.. Are there any techniques for how you got the synths and drums to really pop out in the mix? Did you build the entire beat while Candace was writing the toppling. Thanks in advance!
Old 26th February 2021
Special Guest

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx ➡️
Hey Jordan, love this song! Ive seen videos of how you built the beat for this.. Are there any techniques for how you got the synths and drums to really pop out in the mix? Did you build the entire beat while Candace was writing the toppling. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the question! I've told this story a number of times, but Euphoria started as a demo from Candace. The piano, and some of the vocal melodies were there. But the track wasn't close to right. It was actually the first song I worked with her on, and I convinced her, this idea has potential, but in it's current state it wasn't in great shape. So I asked her to send me stems and I would reproduce the entire song. First she thought I was scamming her, then eventually she relented and sent me parts.

I ended up using the piano and I think 1 synth, but scrapped everything else. I reproduced the entire beat, new drums, new chords, new sounds. The only thing that stayed close to the same was the opening verse piano/guitar combo, which is what I fell in love with when I first heard it. From there I took some of her vocal melodies and rewrote the lyrics and came up with a new chorus - Melanie helped with the chorus too. Then we sent it back for Candace to re-record (she was living in michigan at the time - Many of those BTS songs we did were done remotely over Skype). She crushed the recording, at which point I did the final element which was the vocal chop in the chorus, using Candace's raw vocals. Then I pitched to BigHit. They took it, and re-wrote the lyrics in Korean, and also made the title Euphoria (our demo was called Time To Kill). After Jungkook cut the vocals, they sent back to me to mix it.

Hope this answers everything!