how many channels - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
how many channels
Old 15th November 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
how many channels

Hello Dynamic rullers,

I must say that this forum is top of the top, you are great!

I am just finishing an album and I am wondering how many channels are useing on a song.

I have only mix+ so If I want to do a mix I have to bounce a few thinks... what do you do with the efects I cant get a nice deep space ... I am useing Lexiverb and Real One ... is there any special way to achive a good vocal reverb.

What I need to get more warmer sound of pt!

take care, Miha

Old 15th November 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

🎧 15 years
I'm glad you're enjoying the forum. I'm as well. We've got some really great posts happening.

Well, this really isn't the answer to your question. But when Digi told me they were going to have 128 tracks in HD, I begged them not to give us that many! We'll just never commit to anything that way. 64 tracks were bad enough!

Sorry to interrupt. Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread: "How Many Channels?"
Old 15th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Charles Dye

Well, this really isn't the answer to your question. But when Digi told me they were going to have 128 tracks in HD, I begged them not to give us that many!

Damn .... ..... if they even stop listening to you .... oh boy ....
Old 15th November 2002
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
The film post guys probably begged a little harder.
Old 15th November 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Charles Dye
But when Digi told me they were going to have 128 tracks in HD, I begged them not to give us that many!
No kidding! Some of these sessions are just getting ridiculous. The RnB stuff is insane... Do you really need 30 or 40 tracks of BGVs?

Has anyone considered the possiblility of a 'track based' rate structure to justify the headaches involved in these huge sessions?..

And I agree, the film guys were louder (and better funded)!

Cheers!
Old 18th November 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

🎧 15 years
That's in fact what Digi said, the post guys really wanted more tracks.

It looks like I've topic-jacked mihau's thread. So, to try to get things back on track let me try to answer mihau's question. To create my vocal space I like to use layered FX's. IOW, multiple reverbs, plus other effects: Lexiverb - Vocal Plate (I'm praying this makes it to HD. And no, I have absolutely no inside information on this. Sorry), ReverbOne - Large Concert Hall, (or TC|MegaVerb - Large Hall), DPP-1 (as a split harmonizer effect), and a 1/8 or 1/4 note delay.

A breif promo: I'll be discussing lead vocals in great detail in January's Hard Disk Life.
Old 18th November 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
channels & vocals

hi Charles,

we have met before... in wienna... we talked about rcomp on the kick and attack 16ms...

thanks for the reverb advice...tell me I have a 12tracks ov vocals and like 40 traks of music how can I mix that???Do you bounce the vocals with F2 low cut.. and a little eq two stereo track ... couse I really dont know who to mix 32track or more with dsp on mix+

do you use desser on the vocals... what about pultec on the vocals.. what do you prefer... what about the compression.. what is best for vocals??

take care, Miha