A Question for Charles? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A Question for Charles?
Old 7th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
A Question for Charles?

Hello Charles!
Are you Planning on writing a book?Having your book next to me for refrence while i mix would be great, This would be fantastic!Thank you for those great articles on Hard Disk Life. Keep up the good work!
Old 7th November 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

🎧 15 years
Thanks so much for the compliment, very nice of you to ask. Right now writing Hard Disk Life and creating each month's companion session for DigiStudio is keeping me pretty busy, but we will be covering a lot of ground by the time we get to the end of the seven mixing columns.

I will think about it for the future. If I did do a book I could include full mixing sessions on a CD-ROM similar to the ones with the column, and then all the users that didn't have the ability download them from DigiStudio would now have access. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Thanks.
Old 7th November 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Charles,

I think that a book complete with real life session examples would be key. How many times have you read an article in the trade magazines of someone explaining how they use a particular technique, but until you actually hear it for yourself does it really have any impact.

I would definitely purchase something like that. This would be very useful for beginners to see what a professional mix sounds unmastered in their own studio.
Old 8th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Charles Dye
I will think about it for the future. If I did do a book I could include full mixing sessions on a CD-ROM similar to the ones with the column, and then all the users that didn't have the ability download them from DigiStudio would now have access. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Thanks.

I think that would be a GREAT idea.
Old 8th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'd also like to have included film of you at work and educating, seeing and hearing would be great.

A full blown DVD! -Not easy street though!

It would be great to have masterclasses with you live on the internet too one day!!
Old 9th November 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'd definitely be interested in a book by Charles Dye with mixing sessions on a CD Rom.

Great idea! rollz
Old 9th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hello Again!!
A Book ith a CD-ROM...It would be GREAT!!GO FOR IT!!Question#2 How do download the sessions if you dont have internet access on your PT computer?
Old 9th November 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

🎧 15 years
JFernandez,

Getting internet access for your PT computer is the only way to download the sessions. Sorry.

And everybody,

Thank you very much for the really kind encouragement about the book /CD-ROM idea. I'll definitely give it some serious thought.