The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Another Mix/HD question
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Another Mix/HD question

Which way are projects transferable between Mix and HD?

If something is recorded 24/48 on a HD system, can it be mixed on a 24/48 Mix system? Or vice versa?
Old 4th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Absolutely, it's a non-issue... You just open your file, even with ProTools LE. Pretty cool!
Old 5th November 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Cheers GC,

Just confirmed that as long as it's 44/48 you can transfer to your hearts content.

That's alleviated one of my problems but now it's raised another.

But that's another topic...

R.
Old 6th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
but what about going to a mix system from HD....if they are 5.1.x can they accept the 5.3.1 file, because I've been making version 5 files for the mix folks, which deactivates some (minor) features....that's great if I don't have to convert the session file anymore!!...
I do know that I can get files back and forth with my MBox and HD just fine...which has been great.
Old 8th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Doug, it shouldn't be a problem with Mix systems. I exchanged sessions sucessfully with a PT24 d24 system running 5.1 and an 001/LE running on PC so far. We were going back and forth between those three setup a lot on the last project I did. It worked flawlessly!
Old 9th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I work for quite for a couple of people doing pre production / demo tracks on a digi 001. Open them with the HD system without a problem .... same with my old mix sessions .... no problem what so ever. same thing the other way around ..... save them as the PT soft version they have with HD and it works .... all the time.

(what get's lost due to newer software features gets lost of course but that is not the issue here I presume)