The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Transposing old Reason sessions into Reason Rack
Old 10th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Transposing old Reason sessions into Reason Rack

Hi,

I have some older Reason sessions. I can run them in Pro Tools no problem... except reWire still blows. I'd like to reorganize some of these sessions as Pro Tools sessions using the Reason Rack Plug In. I have instruments, but also automated signal processing and players.

Is there an easy way to get all my Reason stuff into a Pro Tools sessions and lose the ReWire?
Old 10th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
On a related note, I'm assuming I'm going to have to manually recreate all this stuff in Pro Tools. I've begun that process. Two issues:

How do I get a player to play an instrument? Stacking it the way you do in the full Reason does not work.

How do I recreate automation lanes? I'm looking to. bypass an effect that I have on a channel with a Reason instrument. I can open the dialogue box for the entire Reason Rack plug in, but I don't see where the bypass is for the effect.

Thank you.

This may be hopeless and I may need to just keep using Reason via ReWire and I hate that, especially now that I've don e few things with the Rack plug in. Way easier.
Old 26th February 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
All automation will be handled by your DAW now, too bad. Each rack module's parameters should be available in your DAW for automation.
Old 27th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks for responding. I gave up expecting a response. What do you mean by "too bad"?

You are correct, each module's parameters *should* be available, but they are not. There is no bypass available for an effect in a chain of instruments and effects.

I am forced to continue with ReWire. I hate it for several reasons (ha) including the fact that every time I run a Reason session in Pro Tools with Rewire, even when I close Reason first, I have to force quit Pro Tools when I'm done because of ReWire.
Old 2nd March 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
What I meant by 'too bad' is because I like Reasons automation, it's very easy to use in terms of ease of use and looks good. It's too bad they didn't include that in the RRP, but it's still in early days maybe Reason 12 will be better...
Old 2nd March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ah. I never liked their automation, but that's probably me and not them. I use Reason (an some other things) for synth sounds and things I can't get acoustically. It's almost always in conjunction with Pro Tools, unless I'm starting a sketch, but then it still eventually ends up being used ReWired to Pro Tools, and running the two together is a pain. The Reason Rack Plug In is kind of awesome for how I use it, but getting older sketches into a Pro Tools session is proving to be a pain.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…