The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mellowmuse EQ1A - AAX and Free!
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I received response from developer about reported bug. New installer should be available later this week.
Old 8th February 2020
Lives for gear

Installed the EQ1A and it crashed Studio One on startup.
Old 8th February 2020
Lives for gear

Tried the VST3 versions of CS1 and EQ3 and they don't pass the startup and crash Studio One on startup too.
Old 12th February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-C. ➑️
Tried the VST3 versions of CS1 and EQ3 and they don't pass the startup and crash Studio One on startup too.
Hi Mario,

I'll look into it, is that Windows/Mac?
Only affecting Studio One?

A new set of updates were release today, adding UI resizing to all plugins.

best
Gary
mellowmuse.com
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

Hi Gary, I'm on Mac OSX 10.8.5 using Studio One 3.5.6, the plugins failed to validate and crashed, I'll give the new versions a try today
Old 13th February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Thanks - I've identified the error in some hosts, an update will be out this week.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Tried again with the free EQ (Audio Unit) and still no luck, it passed the validation but when I drag it to the inserts nothing happens.
Old 15th February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Tried again with the free EQ (Audio Unit) and still no luck, it passed the validation but when I drag it to the inserts nothing happens.
The updates I referred to aren't out yet.
Will up date here when they are available.
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
The loading issue in older Mac OSX versions like 10.8, has now been fixed in the latest updates.
Old 5th March 2020
Lives for gear

Tried again and it crashes on start up :(
Old 18th April 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
It's been really quiet here. Just a heads-up. I'm currently using version 3.0 of EQ1A on Windows x64. It's working fine in Ableton Live, Cakewalk, Reaper and Waveform 11. Not a single issue. I don't have the option to check it in Studio One though.
Old 30th April 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Tried again and it crashes on start up :(
EQ1A 3.1 went up recently, and is compatibility with Mac OSX 10.8.5 in my testing (Reaper, and validating with auval, Presonus don't offer a demo earlier than 4.0). Though as I no longer have a mac old enough to run OS X 10.8.5, I'm using it in a Parallels VM.

Last edited by Mellowmuse; 30th April 2020 at 03:04 PM..
Old 11th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Version 3.2 is available for download. It's been released on September 8th. If anyone else experienced inconsistent Output knob behavior with v3.1, I'm happy to report that this issue has been fixed.
Big thanks to developer for keeping this project updated.
Old 1st October 2021
Lives for gear
Hey Mellowmuse,

Really liking the sound of this.

Would it be possible to make the set size save as a default? It doesn't save with the default patch.

Also, would you ever consider adding a lowpass filter? I understand if not, just curious.

I really like the way this sounds. The previous version didn't work for me but it does now so i'll be getting use out of it. Thank you for the freebie.
Old 2nd October 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by range ➑️
Hey Mellowmuse,

Really liking the sound of this.

Would it be possible to make the set size save as a default? It doesn't save with the default patch.

Also, would you ever consider adding a lowpass filter? I understand if not, just curious.

I really like the way this sounds. The previous version didn't work for me but it does now so i'll be getting use out of it. Thank you for the freebie.
Thanks. I'll note the save UI size for an update. I don't have any plans to add new features to the EQ1A free version, but I may release a more fully featured 'pro' (not free) version at some point.
Old 3rd October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmuse ➑️
Thanks. I'll note the save UI size for an update. I don't have any plans to add new features to the EQ1A free version, but I may release a more fully featured 'pro' (not free) version at some point.
Thank you for replying and that would be very nice indeed on both fronts. It already feels very complete even without the LPF. I would be interested to see what your idea of a pro version would look like!
πŸ“ Reply