The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing the fabolous TLM67/U87 to U67 mod
Old 15th November 2022 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyjake ➡️
I will sell my tlm 67 headbasket, capsule, Body tube, and base for $1000. Everything you need for the mk67.
hey there, is it still available?
Old 17th November 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyjake ➡️
I will sell my tlm 67 headbasket, capsule, Body tube, and base for $1000. Everything you need for the mk67.
Send me a PM I’m interested
Old 17th November 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
U67 MK67 RF interference

I have one of these mod kits fitted inside an original U67 body with original capsule. I’ve been suffering intermittent radio frequency interference, it sounds like a TV show. It’s very quiet, but say if I’m doing a vocal take in a sparsely arranged song, the level riding / compression would cause it to be a problem. Separate to this I’ve also been getting wandering frequency oscillation, like a fly buzzing around a theramin, this is quite loud and particularly present shortly after turning the mic on. Anyone have an idea where I can start to correct all this!? Generally I’ll turn the mic off, pull and reseat the valve and this may solve one or both of the problems. I got a second valve for the mic, a modern Mullard, but as it doesn’t come close to the sound of the Telefunken it’s not really seen much action and I’ve just been running the gauntlet each time I track.
Old 23rd November 2022 | Show parent
Deleted 372319b
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefamilybassman ➡️
I have one of these mod kits fitted inside an original U67 body with original capsule. I’ve been suffering intermittent radio frequency interference, it sounds like a TV show. It’s very quiet, but say if I’m doing a vocal take in a sparsely arranged song, the level riding / compression would cause it to be a problem. Separate to this I’ve also been getting wandering frequency oscillation, like a fly buzzing around a theramin, this is quite loud and particularly present shortly after turning the mic on. Anyone have an idea where I can start to correct all this!? Generally I’ll turn the mic off, pull and reseat the valve and this may solve one or both of the problems. I got a second valve for the mic, a modern Mullard, but as it doesn’t come close to the sound of the Telefunken it’s not really seen much action and I’ve just been running the gauntlet each time I track.

It sounds like the tube is heading towards being microphonic, and probably needs replacing.
Deleted 372319b
Has anyone tried the Tubelife u67 power supply with their MK67 mod? It would be really convenient to have the PSU racked in my studio and out of the way but one oddity I noticed is, the website only indicates a 6-pin connector rather than a 7-pin connector... and only 5 of the 6 pins connected!

https://www.powertechnik.com/tubelife-671.html
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 372319b ➡️
It sounds like the tube is heading towards being microphonic, and probably needs replacing.
That does not describe a microphonic tube per se. Replacing may indeed be the answer though.
Old 9th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I just picked up a TLM67 and would love some info on the MK mod. A link perhaps?

Sorry if this has been covered.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytape ➡️
Finally, my MK67 sounds like a real U67(better than the U67 reissue) after I replaced the tube, the transformer, the cable, and the power supply unit.
hi could I get a recap on this, with what you did and replaced?

transformer - exchanged for neumann bv12? (where did you source the transformer and did you replace the transformer yourself?

tube?

cable?

PSU? this was the last component you changed right?

cheers! very interested.

anyone else can chime in on sourcing the neumann transformer?
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruner ➡️
I just picked up a TLM67 and would love some info on the MK mod. A link perhaps?

Sorry if this has been covered.
See the very first post on this thread.

Introducing the fabolous TLM67/U87 to U67 mod
Old 10th December 2022 | Show parent
Deleted 372319b
My MK67 mod was delivered last week. This thing really is a work of art, irrespective of how it sounds. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin!
Old 17th December 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 372319b ➡️
My MK67 mod was delivered last week. This thing really is a work of art, irrespective of how it sounds. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin!
Did you get a chance to test it?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

MK67 with Swivel Mount?

Has anyone had any luck implementing the MK67 with a Neumann swivel mount connector?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Hello,
Is there anyone who owns this mike, has the mod, and is currently co spidering selling it as a lightly used piece?
Preferably within the EU. (I'm not far from Vienna where these are made)

Thanks,
GG
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioaudio ➡️
Can we move the talk about modifications (and the ads for it) move to another thread please?
I think we should all respect the wishes of the guy making the mod possible for all of us and make a new thread
📝 Reply