Introducing the fabolous TLM67/U87 to U67 mod - Page 49 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing the fabolous TLM67/U87 to U67 mod
Old 10 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytape ➡️
Yes, these are the best tubes I selected for MK67 and U67 RI among my tube collections. If I exchange them, neither of my MK67 and U67 RI will sound as good.
The air of the U67 RI always reminds me of the vintage U67 I tried years ago in my friend's studio. This is exactly what's missing on the MK67.
They sound close, that's why I am keeping MK67.
Probably something in the feedback circuit, but if you read the thread, coming to the conclusion the mk67 transformer was off was an asinine back and forth between me and many members here (many of which have followed along and changed their transformers in the end). So as you can see it’s not a place of creative input, only approval. At least we got the tubes theory out of the way because it was suggested many times over the transformer swap. In the end It’s close, but I don’t see the point keeping something close when you have the real deal... what would be the point?
Old 9 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JblKid95 ➡️
Probably something in the feedback circuit, but if you read the thread, coming to the conclusion the mk67 transformer was off was an asinine back and forth between me and many members here (many of which have followed along and changed their transformers in the end). So as you can see it’s not a place of creative input, only approval. At least we got the tubes theory out of the way because it was suggested many times over the transformer swap. In the end It’s close, but I don’t see the point keeping something close when you have the real deal... what would be the point?
Actually, what you hear in the clip is an MK67 with a Neumann transformer. The MK67 with stock transformer is just terrible, muddy, and cloudy.
I keep this for fun, it won't sell as good as an authentic Neumann mic, but I enjoy the process of modding it perfect.
📝 Reply