Quantcast
VolumeShaper 4 Out Now! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VolumeShaper 4 Out Now!
Old 5th November 2014
  #1
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Software VolumeShaper 4 Out Now!



We've just released VolumeShaper 4!

VolumeShaper lets you shape the levels of any audio signal in pinpoint detail.

From multiband sidechain compression effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced stutter to precise sample-shaping β€” VolumeShaper provides a wealth of creative musical effects with a visual approach to volume.

VolumeShaper features multiband waveform-based editing, a comprehensive selection of preset curves, a precise oscilloscope, a big spectrum view and an updated preset library. It runs sample-accurate in sync with your DAW, in Hz mode up to the audible range or retriggered via MIDI.



For more info and a fully functional demo, see: http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper.html
Old 5th November 2014
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Sweeeeeeeet @Jakob :-)

Gotta get try this one for sure, love the instant side-chain & the trimming section.. daaaamn should all sections hahah lol well thought off

Cheers
Old 5th November 2014
  #3
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Looks awesome guys, love to see the multiband option.

Does this have a Sync Offset ala LFO tool? Thats a must in Ableton due to PDC issues
Old 5th November 2014 | Show parent
  #4
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Edwards ➑️
Looks awesome guys, love to see the multiband option.

Does this have a Sync Offset ala LFO tool? Thats a must in Ableton due to PDC issues
Yes, there's a workaround for Ableton's timing bug. See our FAQ page and search for "PDC": http://www.cableguys.de/faq.html
Old 5th November 2014
  #5
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
This is seriously smart, and if you own V3 a no brainer price, seriously impressed Jakob.
Old 5th November 2014
  #6
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Multiband is nice !

I wonder, there is a gate on a plugin made by Variety of Sound that allows you to 'pre-open' the gate before the audio hits by an adjustable amount, i suppose it introduces a bit of latency to do it.
Is there a similar feature on Volumeshaper ?
Old 6th November 2014
  #7
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
so whats the upgrade price for v3 owners?
Old 6th November 2014 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco ➑️
so whats the upgrade price for v3 owners?
20$
Old 6th November 2014 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsdenis ➑️
20$
Yes, and 15€ respectively.
Old 6th November 2014
  #10
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Still No AAX ? When ?
Old 6th November 2014 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqtion ➑️
Still No AAX ? When ?
We're working on it, but there is no ETA yet.

You can subscribe to our newsletter or Facebook page to get informed on AAX release. Until then, we know that some users had good success using VST to AAX wrappers, but I propose to give it a try with VolumeShaper's free demo version first.
Old 6th November 2014 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob /Cableguys ➑️
We're working on it, but there is no ETA yet.

You can subscribe to our newsletter or Facebook page to get informed on AAX release. Until then, we know that some users had good success using VST to AAX wrappers, but I propose to give it a try with VolumeShaper's free demo version first.
Ok thanks!!
Old 8th November 2014
  #13
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
i just bought this after demo-ing it for an evening......incredible tool, so useful
Old 8th November 2014
  #14
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
I think the plugin is great. Been a BIG fan since the Volumeshaper 3 was released.

What I'm missing in this new version ;

- 3 mix knobs that work for every multiband separately.
- The option to change the tempo for every multiband separately.

To me it makes a lot of sense to add these 2 things, with the new feature of multiband.
Old 8th November 2014
  #15
Gear Addict
 
studioprojekt's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Thank you Cableguyz for multiband. Now I don't need VMS. But I'm still missing a volume knob to compensate volume changes after "sidechaining"...
Old 9th November 2014
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Marando's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hey Cableguys, congratulations with the release! Will check it out soon!
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
  #17
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayf ➑️
I think the plugin is great. Been a BIG fan since the Volumeshaper 3 was released.

What I'm missing in this new version ;

- 3 mix knobs that work for every multiband separately.
- The option to change the tempo for every multiband separately.

To me it makes a lot of sense to add these 2 things, with the new feature of multiband.
Glad you like it! To the features: It's always hard to define a good mixture of simplicity vs. amount of features.

Right now we display the waveforms for the bands on top of each other. If the bands could have independent speed or mix settings, this display would not make so much sense any more.

For mix, what you can already do: Right-click in the waveform, choose "Select all" and shrink or expand the waveform.
Old 12th November 2014
  #18
Lives for gear
 
andivax's Avatar
aamzing plug, got the license.
but i still prefer Vengenace MBS and that's why:
1) no output volume control - when you use the plugin volume decreases (subjectively).
2) filters sounds bad. i like 6 dB more and it still affects the sound in a bad way (in comparison with MBS)
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
  #19
Lives for gear
 
stardustmedia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax ➑️
aamzing plug, got the license.
but i still prefer Vengenace MBS and that's why:
1) no output volume control - when you use the plugin volume decreases (subjectively).
2) filters sounds bad. i like 6 dB more and it still affects the sound in a bad way (in comparison with MBS)
Filter? What did I miss? Do you mean the cross over filter? If yes, how do they sound bad?
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
andivax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz ➑️
Filter? What did I miss? Do you mean the cross over filter? If yes, how do they sound bad?
yes. i've told about bands crossover filter and i hear how it "works" even in EDM mix.
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
stardustmedia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax ➑️
yes. i've told about bands crossover filter and i hear how it "works" even in EDM mix.
And how do they "work"? Would you mind explaining us in detail, please?

I will demo it myself before buy. But your explanation will help me when critically listening, then deciding.
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
  #22
Lives for gear
 
andivax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz ➑️
And how do they "work"? Would you mind explaining us in detail, please?

I will demo it myself before buy. But your explanation will help me when critically listening, then deciding.
cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS - YouTube


1) 6 dB sounds clearer than 12 dB. Anyway MBS sounds sweeter @ digital setting. steep setting in MBS sounds like Volumeshaper 4 6 dB mode. IMHO )

2) also i've notice a little click in every start of the loop.
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
  #23
Lives for gear
 
billcarroll's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax ➑️
cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS - YouTube


1) 6 dB sounds clearer than 12 dB. Anyway MBS sounds sweeter @ digital setting. steep setting in MBS sounds like Volumeshaper 4 6 dB mode. IMHO )

2) also i've notice a little click in every start of the loop.
In your video I hear the click in both cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS, however it's much softer in vengeance MBS. What happens in cableguys volumeshaper 4 if you adjust the last point on the right, moving it a bit to the left and effectively smoothing each cycle?

Vengeance MBS does seem to sound a bit better.
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
andivax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarroll ➑️
In your video I hear the click in both cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS, however it's much softer in vengeance MBS. What happens in cableguys volumeshaper 4 if you adjust the last point on the right, moving it a bit to the left and effectively smoothing each cycle?

Vengeance MBS does seem to sound a bit better.
MBS sounds LOUDER (notice output volume) )))) so YOU ARE RIGHT ))

clicks doesn't disappear when changing starting points in Volumeshaper.
and in MBS there is an option to prevent clicks (in percent) - it is enabled in this vid (and always in my mixes)
Old 13th November 2014
  #25
Lives for gear
 
stardustmedia's Avatar
Thanks for the demo video. Although I listened/watched it over some very crappy headphones, there is a difference in the filter. You can hear the especially when moving up and down. MBS seems to sound a little more neutral, VS with a little more resonance or so.

The volume difference doesn't matter. To A/B stuff you should anyway compensate for that, or you will always fall for the louder And you can always add a gain after any plugin. Anyway a modern plugin should have ALWAYS an out gain.

The main reason I'm not sure to buy VS4 is, because I think I can handle MB-sidechaining with my Fabfilter ProMB (normal sidechaining I do with ProC), that I used very rarely until now for SC. Most of the time, when I needed the low end pumping hard, and the top not pumping at all, I just copied the track. That gives me much more possibilities to further tweak the two tracks independently, e.g. low end keep mono, where the top gets a nice wide stereo chorus, etc.

Therefor 140 bucks for MBS is way too much for me. It wouldn't be worth the money, for the way I work.
Old 13th November 2014 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
andivax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz ➑️
Thanks for the demo video. Although I listened/watched it over some very crappy headphones, there is a difference in the filter. You can hear the especially when moving up and down. MBS seems to sound a little more neutral, VS with a little more resonance or so.

The volume difference doesn't matter. To A/B stuff you should anyway compensate for that, or you will always fall for the louder And you can always add a gain after any plugin. Anyway a modern plugin should have ALWAYS an out gain.

The main reason I'm not sure to buy VS4 is, because I think I can handle MB-sidechaining with my Fabfilter ProMB (normal sidechaining I do with ProC), that I used very rarely until now for SC. Most of the time, when I needed the low end pumping hard, and the top not pumping at all, I just copied the track. That gives me much more possibilities to further tweak the two tracks independently, e.g. low end keep mono, where the top gets a nice wide stereo chorus, etc.

Therefor 140 bucks for MBS is way too much for me. It wouldn't be worth the money, for the way I work.
I use MBS about 2 years now and it worth every penny. At this moment i am not planning to get any Vengeance plugins because of bugs and slow fixes of the bugs.
Si i recomend you to get VS. I already connect with Jacob from Cableguys and i hope he will fix it very soon!
40$ is no brainer for me.
Old 13th November 2014 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
stardustmedia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax ➑️
I use MBS about 2 years now and it worth every penny. At this moment i am not planning to get any Vengeance plugins because of bugs and slow fixes of the bugs.
Si i recomend you to get VS. I already connect with Jacob from Cableguys and i hope he will fix it very soon!
40$ is no brainer for me.
40 bucks are a no brainer, IF I'm going to use it
Old 13th November 2014 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 
andivax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz ➑️
40 bucks are a no brainer, IF I'm going to use it
If you mix rhythmic music you will need it for sure. I use multiband sidechain even in rock mixes.
Old 13th November 2014 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
stardustmedia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax ➑️
If you mix rhythmic music you will need it for sure. I use multiband sidechain even in rock mixes.
Nope, what I need is sidechain compression. Not Volume Shaper, nor Vengeance per se. That's a difference.

A single compressor can do the trick too. If you need to split bands, you can do that in every DAW easily.

If I need to shape the ducking curve, I just tweak the trigger sound.

Of course in my case I miss the visuals, but then we are mixing, not painting
Old 13th November 2014 | Show parent
  #30
Lives for gear
 
andivax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz ➑️
If you need to split bands, you can do that in every DAW easily.
Easily?! How in cubase? In reaper it is by internal plugins but not so easy and fast as it should be.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 12 views: 3814
Avatar for Jakob /Cableguys
Jakob /Cableguys 30th August 2012
replies: 60 views: 4651
Avatar for Deleted fa7843c1d4a255f
Deleted fa7843c1d4a255f 14th July 2016
replies: 0 views: 649
Avatar for peksi
peksi 26th November 2018
replies: 5 views: 378
Avatar for messofsound876
messofsound876 20th February 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump