The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES LA: Waves-EMI TG12345 Channel Strip
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I am super happy with this plug. It really makes it in the mix.
Old 27th June 2015
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I find the TG12345 to be different from other plugs out there, it sounds very retro if that is whats needed on a track, its not like a conventional channel strip in the modern sense. If you wanted a sound like Mark Ronson achieved on Amy Winehouse it could help, but I think you would also need to study the way recordings were made back then how drums were mic'd etc to really capture the total package.
Old 25th August 2017
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
The drive sounds terrible to me on everything I put it on (drum buss, guitar, vocal bus) and pushed past 2. Really harsh.
I got the exact same presence/eq using Slick. A/B'd it many times and could tell no difference.
The comp? It squashed things.

I did like the spread knob. It did give some creamy space. Not enough though to drop even 30 bucks on this. If I didn't miss it already I think I'll save that money for the Abbey Road reverb if these sales keep happening.
Old 27th August 2017 | Show parent
Deleted 7309efb
In contrast to "hollohe", I'm very impressed by what can be achieved with the TG12345. When carefully used (all gear should be used with care) it's a nice plug to make your tracks/masters more spacious, punchy and alive sounding. It's much wider useable than only for getting a vintage sound - it can also sound very modern and clear with just that tiiiny bit added color/vibe that does the trick. For me, the price drop made it a no-brainer.
Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
The drive knob needs to be used very carefully in just the right dose, it's a secret weapon. This is a fantastic plugin all around.
Old 4th February 2018 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
That was also my first impression BUT the drive can actually be magical when used in the right way and can add some incredible big and dark sounding flavour. Took me some time to actually create sounds with this plugin but in fact it can do anything from clean to smooth to heavy and past that. Also, the compressor is most likely the best I have heard so far itb.
Would love to hear an opinion about it from someone who used both, original and plugin.

QUOTE=hollohe;12813152]The drive sounds terrible to me on everything I put it on (drum buss, guitar, vocal bus) and pushed past 2. Really harsh.
I got the exact same presence/eq using Slick. A/B'd it many times and could tell no difference.
The comp? It squashed things.

I did like the spread knob. It did give some creamy space. Not enough though to drop even 30 bucks on this. If I didn't miss it already I think I'll save that money for the Abbey Road reverb if these sales keep happening.[/QUOTE]
Old 4th February 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
The Scheps Omni Channel strip may just have made this redundant.
Old 9th October 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I just got this plug loaded up and using in on a big somewhat vintage style spying thriller jazz/orchestral work. WOW! I know I'm going to overuse the crap out of this, but I'm loving it. I have a lot more time I need to spend with this plug, but out of the gate I'm getting wonderful depth I'm just not getting with anything else. Kiss the hi end with this in a way that I may not need to always be pulling out the Pultec emulations. Nice little bit of compression, choice of two channels that are a bit different from one another... this one plug may be replacing chains I've been using on string groups, brass groups, single instruments and more. So far it is exceeding my expectations, and they were high based on numerous reviews elsewhere and the reviews here.

We'll see how it goes, but its been awhile since I've been this impressed by a plugin.
๐Ÿ“ Reply