The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology
Old 18th September 2016
Unison offer..
Attached Thumbnails
UAD Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology-ua_q4_pickpreamp_1020x130-1-.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm no expert, unlike everyone else here but I just tracked and mixed a project using an Apollo 8P and a combination of the 1073 and 88RS Unison preamps. Sounded great. I used a pair of Neumann KM183s on a Steinway Grand (plenty of detractors for new Neumanns), Flea 47 Vintage (lots of fans for the Flea) on the vocal and either an 414XLS and D112 or the Flea and D112 on the acoustic bass. There were no drums. On a few of the tracks I used an AEA R84 on the vocal. Overall I think it sounds good. I don't use much compression if any and a touch of reverb. The only time I use EQ is to remove problem frequencies. It is a good system and the result was high quality.

It was not the performance of the technology that presented any issues, the UAD 1073s and 88RS sounded great. It was the performance of the musicians that presented the challenge. As it should be. Once I have purchased whatever I'm going to use, I just want it to work without issues and focus on the music. I get that with the Apollo an UAD plugins.
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Late to the party... I already have too much plug-ins I thought... also don't care about constant UAD "offers"... No, thank you, I don't need another tool, I can work fine with what I have... I know... Gearslutz sacrilege right there...

So, I fooolishly demoed the new 1073 - I thought - hell, if I need THAT kind of vibe, I have the old one... and 1081... but... damn, this thing is good! I was fooling around with some Korg Wavedrum recordings and wanted to make them more "organic" - real - like you feel the skin, but also smooth - and add fat low end, but not getting muddy, etc.

Well... the simple saturation and a few dots of EQ and I was there - alive and smooth...

AND - the best thing - as the owner of the old UAD1073 it would cost me 99$, but I also had 50$ coupon... and got this sweetie for 49 EUR (tax and all included - since I am in EU)

So I AM THE UAD FANBOIIIII AGAIN! )))))
📝 Reply