The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Coming soon on patchpool: DNA for Molekular - Snapshots for Reaktor - pre-order now
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Coming soon on patchpool: DNA for Molekular - Snapshots for Reaktor - pre-order now

DNA for NI's Molekular is a Snapshot Bank which requires the full version of Reaktor. It contains 100+ musically useful presets making use of the sophisticated modulation system inside this unique effect instrument. Beautiful ambient, ethereal, mysterious and haunting textures are waiting for you, as well as temposynced mayhem for spicing up your loops and beats.

All presets have the 5 positions in the morphing pad assigned which can be used as a starting point for morphing between the complex effect modulations in each preset.

Specs:
  • 100+ Snaphots, delivers in the .ssf-format
    Delivery: Email
    ETA: First half of May
    Price on release: € 28 EUR
    Requires full version of Reaktor, does not work with the player version

Pre-order DNA now for € 22 EUR and save +20 %

Product page.

The demos below were produced by mainly improvising live on tape with various instruments from my own sound libraries, only using Molekular and the presets from DNA. Please also check the videos below.

----

And some videos:
Harp Wonder Molekular - YouTube

Piano meets Molekular - YouTube

Thank's for reading
Simon Stockhausen :party:
Old 7th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing three multisampled singing bowls from my MachFive library Scattered Entity with NI's Molekular FX, using a preset from DNA, automatng the morphing pad
Base - A->D (also switching on/off the "Motion button" occasionally). Demo starts very dry, then Molekular fades in and the bowls fade out.

Old 7th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Preset "Angel Stepper" processing a granulated Alto Flute-impro (Padshop Pro):

Angel Stepper - Molekular DNA Presets - YouTube
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
so ..no go with just the reaktor player?
rules me out then
#lostsales
Old 8th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 ➑️
so ..no go with just the reaktor player?
rules me out then
#lostsales
I'll have a look into the procedure of converting the normal Snapshot format (.ssf Banks) into the player format, but I remember vaguely that it was a very a clumsy procedure.
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
the default presets for the player version seem ok ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
the default presets for the player version seem ok ?
Well, I am using the full version of Reaktor to run and program Molekular which creates snaps in ssf-format, then I have to find the way to convert those ssf-banks into the player format (.nrkt). I just read the knowledge base on the NI site, now I have to try and see if and how it works and how much effort it takes.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct ➑️
Well, I am using the full version of Reaktor to run and program Molekular which creates snaps in ssf-format, then I have to find the way to convert those ssf-banks into the player format (.nrkt). I just read the knowledge base on the NI site, now I have to try and see if and how it works and how much effort it takes.
There is a thread on the NI forum which doesn't read very promising: Loading presets deletes snapshot banks in Razor | NI Support Forum
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
seems a little odd ?
to release something that works on the player yet creates problems for ppl to write soundbanks for.. perhaps the developer will chime in for some clarity ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
seems a little odd ?
to release something that works on the player yet creates problems for ppl to write soundbanks for.. perhaps the developer will chime in for some clarity ?
I have now understood the problem: Snapshots have to be created within the player version in order to play them in the player, there is no way to convert normal Reaktor Snaps into that awkward format. Also when loading the player files into the player, the ensemble always reverts back to it's original state, so all Snaps which the user has created himself, are overwritten, as the player files are tied to a specific ensemble location, which seems to be an additional attempt of copy protection.

As I have already created about 40+ snaps which took ages, I won't manually rebuild them in the player and I will avoid the hassle and complaints by customers who lost their own snaps due to importing my Bank. So, sorry, this Bank will only be for the full version of Reaktor as announced.
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Molekular with a new preset from DNA processing an impro played on a granulated Duduk patch from my Padshop Pro library Granular Symphonies.

Old 9th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This is the ideal patch to bust a new age meditation party:
Frying a simple drum beat I programmed in Logic with the preset "Fry My Beat":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNNyXI7dZo
Old 11th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing a simple synth bass line (played with a patch from Spectral Rays) with Molekular using the preset "Pitch Mayhem" from DNA - there are two versions, one with quantized pitch (where the quantization constantly change in sync via a step modulator) and one with free running pitch, I switch between the two in the vid as you'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G0bRplksxc
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing a fretless bass impro (samples/Orangetree/Jaco) Molekular using a preset from DNA, morphing between automating the 5 morph positions Base - A-D) in a second pass after the impro was done.

Old 14th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing a simple framedrum groove (played with an Alchemy patch from my Framedrum library) with a patch from DNA, in case you have a subwoofer, enjoy!:

Framedrum Jam - DNA for Molekular - YouTube
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A simple music box patch (Padship Pro/Granular Symphonies) processed with patch Meander Scape in Molekuar, using a single morph position (A).

Old 20th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Easter Sunday morning jam with a new preset from DNA:

Scale Morpher - Snaphots DNA for Reaktor Molekular - YouTube
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Video with preset Glitch Machine:
Glitch Machine - DNA for Molekular - YouTube

new audio demo with preset "Waves Break" processing 3 instruments with the same instance of Molekular:
Old 24th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Here is another video, processing a simple Zebra synth and some MachFive timpani, processed by the prest(s) Gliss Rain which also relies on an evelope follower as pitch modulator. There is one version with quantized pitch (you can select and transpose the programmed scales or let a step modulator do it for you), and there is one unquantized version. I'm switching between the 2 versions during the impro:

Gliss Rain - DNA for Molekular Impro - YouTube
Old 25th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing a simple synth sound (Spectral) with 2 instances of Molekular routed in series, using Snapshots from DNA. Demo starts very dry dry, Molekular 1 comes in, then the second instance fades in.

Old 28th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Demo for Snapshot DE Layers:

Old 30th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This demo track combines two DNA snapshots, both instances set to 100% wet:

Old 1st May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Demo video for snapshot "Dripping Drops":

Dripping Drops - DNA for Molekular FX - YouTube
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Jamming with DNA snapshot "Double Stutter":

Double Stutter DNA for Molekular FX - YouTube
Old 3rd May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing an impro played with granulated Horn Swells from my library Sonic Cinema for HALion 5 with 2 DNA presets (both using the Filterbank module) simultaneously:

Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing celtic harp samples from my MachFive library Scattered Entity with 2 instances of Molekular FX routed in serial using 2 snapshots from DNA.
Harp->Bus 1 (Molekular 1)->Bus 2 (Molekular 2), manual and automated morphing involved.

πŸ“ Reply