Quantcast
the world's first system for monitoring the directivity of microphones - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
the world's first system for monitoring the directivity of microphones
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
the world's first system for monitoring the directivity of microphones

aratechlabs augmented reality audio technologies | professional sound audio microphone directivity polar pattern - Arapolarmic is the first's world professional audio software tool for monitoring directivity of microphones which enhances the decision making process for better positioning microphones in any live or recording set.
Aratechlabs is a technological company focused on the development of a brand new concept of professional audio tools based on augmented reality technology.

Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
cool
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I really don't understand this obsession with trying to see sound instead of just listening, as if that mattered at all. This augmented reality thing seems completely misleading and useless, even though it might look fancy.

Having said that, to have full specs of microphones compiled in one app does seem a great idea. It might be worth the price of the app just for that.
Old 5th March 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendermastering ➑️
I really don't understand this obsession with trying to see sound instead of just listening, as if that mattered at all. This augmented reality thing seems completely misleading and useless
I don't know... I'm constantly using the nulls in polar patterns to control bleed and reflections, and I don't always have the luxury of an assistant engineer to move mics while I'm in the control room. This software might be just the ticket!

Contrary to popular belief, there are really only two polar patterns, Omni and Figure 8. All the other patterns (including Cardioid) are created by combining the two. And each manufacturer does it differently, resulting in much variation between models. This software may make that variation easier to "see."

Also, off-axis sounds are actually picked up pretty well by most mics, but the diaphragm size results in some high-frequency loss as you move off-axis. The larger the diaphragm, the more exaggerated this effect is. If you could visualize a sound approaching a diaphragm at, say, 40 degrees off-axis, 38 degrees, 35, etc..., the resulting phase cancellation that causes high-end loss might be mitigated.

To put it briefly: I think using your ears and intuition is always important. But access to instant data also helps.
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Holy **** does this look awesome.
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Price? Release date?
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Spanish technology! lol

The guys behind this are beyond rad.

Thumbs up!
Old 5th March 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Arapolarmic

Arapolarmic not have the purpose to "see the sound". It shows the specific polar pattern of the models and you can see the dead zones for frequences in the environtment It's clear that this software doesn't make the work on behalf of the engineer. It's the same like a wave presentation of an audio track in DAW, The engineer listen the tracks but he uses his eyes to see the waveform, too. A Spectrum analyzer doesn't build the eq curve on your behalf but it's an objective input. It's a monitoring tool.
Old 6th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Stevie Wonder will love it! Finally he can get a good sound now.
Old 6th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicJesus ➑️
Stevie Wonder will love it! Finally he can get a good sound now.
Right, because of the that mic-placing and other engineering he has to deal with all day.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…