The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 Audio Interface
Old 31st January 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Here's a report from NAMM that was just put on YouTube: Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404/UMC1820 Preamplifiers NAMM 2014 - YouTube

I'm not sure where the previously quoted price of $199 came from, but they say it's going to be $299.

The photos on Behringer's web site show a 2-pin AC power connector labeled 12V. This video shows the back of the units with correct wall wart connector.
Old 1st February 2014 | Show parent
B&H also lists at $299
Behringer Audiophile 18x20/24Bit/96KHz Interface U-PHORIA

Let's hope they're wrong
Old 1st February 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The video drum head posted looks legit. I got the $199 price from the SonicState.com article I linked to in post #2 of this thread. I'm not the only one either. Being at least $200 less than any of the other 8 pre interfaces out there, the UMC1820 is still a good deal even at $299 IMHO.
Old 3rd February 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That's weird that they've introduced a whole different line when the dust has barely cleared on those FCA things. I hope that doesn't mean bad news for owners of either.

Take Care
Old 3rd February 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm not unhappy with my SSL converters.. But I will be getting this for using plugs for walkin FOH gigs.
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Waiting for LA to announce a mod.
Old 10th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone know anywhere in the UK that ship these?
Old 11th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
amazing price

Wow. This product is incredibly cheap. I wonder how much their labour costs are, to assemble these things?
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
labour costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbrown ➑️
Wow. This product is incredibly cheap. I wonder how much their labour costs are, to assemble these things?
no labor cost, they use slaves and they self reproduce.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Good answer.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone know if it's possible to get this in the UK yet? And if not when?
Old 12th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
This looks interesting. On their site they say "Eight MIDAS designed microphone preamps".

If these preamps sound any good this will be a great buy. Will have to wait and see.
Old 12th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGbetatester ➑️
no labor cost, they use slaves and they self reproduce.
Yea, like Apple and more than 80% of the world companies Do hahahΓ‘
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
it's going to be a amazing.....

So I keep telling myself....who knows.
I just want it cheap and decent sounding for Live work...I'm not taking my alpha Link out of the studio...plus it's more money to get that thing to work with my Laptop cause I'd need a $549 RME card just to be able to use the SSL on laptop..

So..I'm telling myself this will be cool..
But!! the part I don't like so far is...it doesn't have it's own software/mixer like a RME or Focusrite.. so not sure how the latency will be live.. (plan on using it for FOH F/X only)

So.. I may just end up with the Focusrite 18i20 I held off just to see what this turns out like... Still waiting.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm gonna buy this for sure!
Old 25th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Hi! Any news?
Old 26th March 2014
Lives for gear
that video sounds very good and she is singing into a SM57 and has some distance from the mic...
Old 26th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper ➑️
Hi! Any news?
+1!
Old 26th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Dear All,
Great to see such interest in our new U-PHORIA UMC1820 recording interface. I am checking with our development team on some of the previous questions on this thread and will follow up with more information. I am also happy to help with any further questions.

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 27th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Hi John, thanks for the reply.
I'm interested in drivers for windows, stability and latency.
I think everybody want to know more about conversion quality, preamps and release date!
Tell us everything you know!! heh
Old 27th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Class compliant drivers?
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Deal All,
I can confirm that like the FCA series, the UMC1820 will utilize class-compliant Core Audio drivers on Mac OSX, and ASIO drivers will be provided for Windows platforms. Also, it features simple direct-monitoring of analog inputs via the Monitoring Mix control on the front panel rather than a software based routing mixer. The conversion is 24-bit, 96kHz but I do not have further details to offer at this time.

I don't have on official ship date available, but I will follow up here as more information becomes available.

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 16th April 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
What's the difference with FCA and UMC series? Is FCA being replaced by these?
Old 16th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisca ➑️
What's the difference with FCA and UMC series? Is FCA being replaced by these?
+1?
Old 20th April 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey ➑️
But!! the part I don't like so far is...it doesn't have it's own software/mixer like a RME or Focusrite.. so not sure how the latency will be live.. (plan on using it for FOH F/X only)
The only way to know will be to test, or wait until decent reviews (tests) come out. Test with something like REAPER or Harrison Mixbus - they are both cheap. REAPER is light weight - Harrison Mixbus has proper console strips. Samplitude Music Studio is also cheap and has decent console strips and a clean audio engine.

I have the Behringer XENYX UFX1204 and it has this weird "streaming" level driver which is set to 2ms latency. REAPER is the only DAW I know of that supports it. If the U-PHORIA supports the same streaming thingo, combine it with REAPER for live mixing.

Problem solved
Old 20th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezza ➑️
The only way to know will be to test, or wait until decent reviews (tests) come out. Test with something like REAPER or Harrison Mixbus - they are both cheap. REAPER is light weight - Harrison Mixbus has proper console strips. Samplitude Music Studio is also cheap and has decent console strips and a clean audio engine.

I have the Behringer XENYX UFX1204 and it has this weird "streaming" level driver which is set to 2ms latency. REAPER is the only DAW I know of that supports it. If the U-PHORIA supports the same streaming thingo, combine it with REAPER for live mixing.

Problem solved
I already use Reaper in my studio with RME and SSL Alpha Link..
I was thinking of using this live with Waves multirack.
and sometimes little recording on laptop with Reaper.
Old 5th May 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Hi John, since it appears that ADAT in and outs are only at 48k is there a way to run two of these and use the same drivers (aggregating them). For my interest this would be on Windows.
Old 25th June 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
still waiting for any shipping-news...
or at least the "shipping" to germany of the umc404. seems to be available in other countries, but i'd like to buy at my usual retailers.
Old 29th June 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I have a UMC 1820 on order to Santa Barbara, CA. Estimated ship dates vary from Webstore to Webstore. Sweetwater said they'll ship close to the end of the month (probably not valid). Some say July some say September. All I know is that I may be ordering another before the first ships.
The Plan is to chain: 1 Motu 828 Mk 3 to 1 Motu 8pre & 2x Behringer Umc 1820's or Maybe one of the 4 channel Umc's since I'll only get 28 inputs from the 828.
Feel like this will be a Mighty/Inexpensive set up for my Project studio. If anyone has input on how I could make this better I'm all ears.

FIRST POST!!!, Long Time Follower of GS. Big Thanks to all the OG posters, your knowledge is awesome. \m/ -Phil, 24
Old 24th July 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk ➑️
I'd be interested to hear how this thing sounds and performs next to a Focusrite Saffire interface!?
I would as well. Thinking of maybe returning my Behringer FCA1616 I just ordered. It seems to be having some latency issues I wasn't having with the Focusrite Saffire 14 I was using. I'm slightly concerned the USB2 performance will also bring latency compared to the FCA1616 firewire. Haven't tried it USB.
πŸ“ Reply