NAMM 2014: Kush Audio UBK Pusher
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Heaviest of the Kush plugs on CPU
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Can't wait to have this in my plugin in my folder - I'm just waiting for a sale- I'm extremely poor
Old 5th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis ➑️
Is this a CPU hungry beast like SDRR or Decapitator?
Certainly not a monster on any recent machine. Tx for vid Greg . This is on all synth bass amongst other things, great plug in.
Old 6th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Shouldn't this thread be in the new product alert area since it was recently released?

To me this is a must-have color/effect plug-in. By itself it can replace a chain of tape/EQ/color plug-ins often required to achieve a saturated sound. And the way the limiter makes things breath and move is quite special.

The GUI design is set up to intelligently lead you into creative play. Anybody can put up a list of parameters with knobs. But a creative GUI like this that maximizes and enhances the user experience just isn't very common. Some seriously brilliant and unconventional thinking went into this design. Maybe Kush's slogan should be "Outside the Box for Inside the Box." So many plug-ins remove life from a signal. But this one seems to somehow add life and sparkle and movement.
Old 6th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k ➑️
...I think I got there; even if you already own the Pusher I expect this vid will still unearth a lot of surprising, unexpected passageways to explore deep inside the heart of the machine...

Gregory Scott - ubk
Very informative, great plug-in!
Old 7th June 2014

🎧 10 years
Pusher is great !
After I watch the video I plugged my guitar direct , everyone know how dull that sound -
Then I inserted the Pusher and started to sculp the sound . It's easy to overdo so I only made subtle changes .
When I was satisfied with the sound I inserted an amp simulator . Wow what a huge sound I got , amazing !!
Then I started to toggle the Pusher on and off and found myself talking like Gregory "yup" "boring" :-)
Pusher is worth every penny it cost . I highly recommend this plug !!
Keep up the good work !!
All the best
Jan
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can't wait for the AAX version to come out.
Old 8th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankin ➑️
Can't wait for the AAX version to come out.
Hmm. Apparently, I can, because I've been waiting since it was announced.
Old 12th June 2014 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
To my great surprise, it took everything in my toolkit (plus a few new things) to make a video that:

a) delivers a generous dose of the endless colors this thing can produce,

b) demonstrates a simple, coherent workflow and method for how to systematically explore and uncover those colors, and

c) teaches how to hear increasingly subtle changes to the sound while understanding how big of an impact they still have on the vibe of the mix

Pusher is very much NOT a 'turn one knob and smile' animal, she has a complex personality and in order to get the most out of her you have to learn her language, her quirks, and her curves.

I think I got there; even if you already own the Pusher I expect this vid will still unearth a lot of surprising, unexpected passageways to explore deep inside the heart of the machine.

Enjoy!

Gregory Scott - ubk

Thanks for the video. Great job!

Pusher is my favorite plug-in, and my favorite thing to use it on is something you left out of the video -- vocals. It's incredible all the things Pusher can do for vocals, and it doesn't have to be limited to just one instance per track.

When I open Pusher, I feel I'm opening a toolbox full of special finishing tools. The more I use it, the more skilled I become at adding life, texture, depth and movement to any mix.

Thanks for bringing it to us.
Old 17th June 2014

🎧 5 years
I've installed a demo version (AU 32/64) but Logic (both 9 and X) tells me that I am not authorized to run this plugin and disables it.

The was no opportunity to paste serial number or perhaps to synchronize iLok demo license. I am obviously missing something, but what?

This is the first time that something like this happened to me and I am perplexed.
Old 18th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunjic ➑️
I've installed a demo version (AU 32/64) but Logic (both 9 and X) tells me that I am not authorized to run this plugin and disables it.

The was no opportunity to paste serial number or perhaps to synchronize iLok demo license. I am obviously missing something, but what?

This is the first time that something like this happened to me and I am perplexed.
You have to Redeem and then Activate the demo licence (copy from the Kush downloads page) within the iLok Licence Manager.
Old 4th July 2014 | Show parent
Kush Audio

🎧 15 years
AAX Public Beta is up

Hey all,

We just dropped a public beta of the AAX2 (Pusher *and* Clariphonic DSP). To celebrate that and the 4th of July, we've also launched our $99 sale on all plugins.

The beta's are very stable, we're still implementing the final touches including parameter automation but other than that it's smooth sailing!

The House of Kush

Enjoy!

Gregory Scott - ubk

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hey all,

We just dropped a public beta of the AAX2 and, to celebrate that and the 4th of July, launched our $99 sale on all plugins.

The beta's are very stable, we're still implementing the final touches including parameter automation but other than that it's smooth sailing!

The House of Kush

Enjoy!

Gregory Scott - ubk
Hi Greg, the Windows Beta AAX2 ZIP file 1.0.6 for Pusher does not seem valid
(Pusher_Win_AAX3264_1-0-6.aaxplugin.zip) : WinZIP and WinRAR cannot open it
Old 4th July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Great now I'm broke......
Old 4th July 2014
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I really want to pick up this plug-in in the sale, I really like what it does.
Kush Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by narapo ➑️
(Pusher_Win_AAX3264_1-0-6.aaxplugin.zip) : WinZIP and WinRAR cannot open it

Hmmm... I replaced the file with this one, it doesn't have two "." in the string so maybe that was the issue?

Pusher Win AAX2 beta

Gregory Scott - ubk

🎧 10 years
Might still jump at $75 or less... it's close to that at a dealer or two.

Until then, UBK and Clari are enough Kush for us.

We finally seem to be getting all the email they send, though: Kush Audio/House of Kush (thanks to Nathan).

It's hard out (t)here for a pimp... council member or not.
Old 4th July 2014

🎧 10 years
Greg I'm so excited about the AAX release! I've been checking your website constantly for about a year waiting for this! I have straight away gotten Pusher and Clariphonic they're every bit as special as I knew they would be! Love your work
Old 5th July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Stopping by to say this thing is f'ing cool.

Nice work, UBK!
Old 5th July 2014 | Show parent
Kush Audio

🎧 15 years
You people are gobbling up the Pusher almost 2x as much as the other plugs, didn't see that coming!

I appreciate the love on our Facebook page too, especially from all the bass-heads out there (a group I'm proud to be part of).

Saw some lovely fireworks last night, one of the coolest things about LA is all these neighboring towns and cities do their fireworks at the same time, so if you get high up in a building or on a hill you can see fireworks all across the horizon, from end to end, for as far as the eye can see. It lasts about a half hour too, I've never seen anything quite like it.

Still, for my money, Seattle has the most amazing fireworks display ever, every year in Gasworks Park. Launched from the middle of a lake, it's a ~20-minute display that's completely (and masterfully) synchronized to classical music. It has to be seen to be understood, it's incredibly emotional.

I miss it, truth be told.

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 7th July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I couldn't find any system requirements on the site. Is Pusher compatible with my dark ages but oh so stable and familiar Win XP Cubase 5.5.3 setup? If so I'd like to get in on the sale before it ends today thanks.
Old 7th July 2014
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Have the same question with OSX 10.5.8! No specs listed on the site and e-mailed support. Would this work as a Mastering shaper? Thought might be a good way to take a finished mix and take it a step further Curious if others are using it for this or really better on sources? I tried downloading the demo but isn't showing up in Mixbus. Wondering if there's a version that will work and would like to take advantage of the sale!

Last edited by ardis; 7th July 2014 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 7th July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan ➑️
I couldn't find any system requirements on the site. Is Pusher compatible with my dark ages but oh so stable and familiar Win XP Cubase 5.5.3 setup? If so I'd like to get in on the sale before it ends today thanks.
It works fine on my Win7 Cubase 5.5.3 system.
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
First time officially being able to test Pusher... I was away from my studio computer as I was out of town.. I've been trying this thing on vocals and its absolutely stunning. Yeah, I'm that kind of person, I don't demo plugins on drums or bass or guitars, I demo them on vocals. I love the rich saturations and love the insane distortions you can get on the vocals, then blending it back to make it just a hint of "buzzy-ness." Also, the there's a bunch of non-linear characteristics in the core knobs. You get progressive heavier saturation/distortion as you push them, then at certain points, the whole signal drops in volume and you lose the bottom end.. then it comes back up if you push it the rest of the way.. very interesting.

Awesome plugin, Ill have to pick it up one day.. kicking myself for not purchasing it during the same, but I'm a person who is super hesitant to buy stuff without demoing. Great work, Greg.
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
First time officially being able to test Pusher... I was away from my studio computer as I was out of town.. I've been trying this thing on vocals and its absolutely stunning. Yeah, I'm that kind of person, I don't demo plugins on drums or bass or guitars, I demo them on vocals. I love the rich saturations and love the insane distortions you can get on the vocals, then blending it back to make it just a hint of "buzzy-ness." Also, the there's a bunch of non-linear characteristics in the core knobs. You get progressive heavier saturation/distortion as you push them, then at certain points, the whole signal drops in volume and you lose the bottom end.. then it comes back up if you push it the rest of the way.. very interesting.

Awesome plugin, Ill have to pick it up one day.. kicking myself for not purchasing it during the same, but I'm a person who is super hesitant to buy stuff without demoing. Great work, Greg.
Old 10th July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 ➑️
...kicking myself for not purchasing it during the sale, but I'm a person who is super hesitant to buy stuff without demoing. Great work, Greg.

Audio deluxe might still have some at low price, check that out
Old 11th July 2014 | Show parent

28 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I bought it on sale, after demo'ing it and initially finding it a little irritating. I have all the kush plugs, and I find that for my purposes they have to be backed way down or they get overbearing. But they really add some fantastic color and movement. They manage analogue-ish distortion without slavish imitation. Pusher is especially cool in that it's not imitating any specific piece of gear.

It's a really complex plug in though and there's a pretty steep learning curve. The presets are a great help.

I'm still not sure if the interface is needlessly annoying or not, but I'm reaching for the plugin all the time
Old 11th July 2014
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Is anyone getting this to run in OSX 10.5.8? Tried the demo couldn't get is to show up.
Old 14th July 2014 | Show parent
Kush Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB+J ➑️
I have all the kush plugs, and I find that for my purposes they have to be backed way down or they get overbearing.

Well first of all, thanks so much for the support!

Second, even if it's not specifically emulating anything, all our plugins are specifically designed to react like analog gear, which means they respond to analog reference levels.

A safe standard is -18dBFS = 0VU, 0VU being 'nominal', the point over which you begin to lose headroom and enter distortion.

So with an analog eq, if you've got signal coming in that's heavily compressed and peaking at -3dbFS on your d/a, you're going to cream the eq's input and distort it, as the signal is about 15dB *over* nominal levels.

A lot of other analog-emulating plugins behave similarly.

So I'm in the habit of running my levels conservatively in the DAW, I treat my plugins like hardware and my busses like a console and I stay well shy of peaking.

I think it all sounds better that way, plus it keeps me in a safe space for a hybrid workflow; when I suddenly decide to patch out to a hardware eq I don't have to figure out where to dial back the gain first, which is an epic buzzkill!

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 13th August 2014 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Presets not showing.

Hi There

Has anybody had issues with the presets not showing up in Logic Pro X on OSX 10.9.4. They are in the right folder, but nothing shows in the plug. I have reported it to Nathan, but I thought I'd ask here just in case anyone's had a similar experience.

BR
Ben
πŸ“ Reply