A.O.M. Invisible Limiter - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A.O.M. Invisible Limiter
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Software A.O.M. Invisible Limiter

Hi all,
I'd like to announce my mastering limiter.
Though it was released previously, this is the first product alert on Gearslutz

A.O.M. Invisible Limiter
Invisible Limiter | A.O.M.
Windows VST 32/64bit, Mac OSX VST & AU 32/64bit

* Notable Features
- Near-zero pumping.
- Oversampling mode to catch inter-sample peaks.
- Unity Gain Monitoring to concentrate sound changes.

* Audio Demo
Comparison with other mastering limiters in the same settings. Severe limiting condition.
Invisible Limiter | A.O.M. (in product page)

* Downloads
Download | A.O.M.

* License and Pricing
- Keyfile-based auth
- $25 for 1-year, $99 for no expiration

Enjoy!
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
This limiter works with transients in a very gentle way and more transparent than FG-X! Just my 5c.
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
interesting licensing deal - kinda cool you can just pay 25 a year
Old 1st February 2013
FFS
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I gotta say, after grabbing this and extensively testing on a few styles of music, its bloody impressive! the amount of clean level you can get!
I highly recommend
G
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg ➡️
This limiter works with transients in a very gentle way and more transparent than FG-X! Just my 5c.
(In case you don't know...)
Coming from Vladg- that's a NICE endorsement!
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray ➡️
(In case you don't know...)
Coming from Vladg- that's a NICE endorsement!
Wow. I didn't even notice who said it until you mentioned it. High praise indeed!
Old 2nd February 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I have heard some mastering engineers were talking about this limiter plugin, and they were positive.
Old 2nd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg ➡️
Thanks for comment! encouraged from great compressor/limiter developer.

At first I observed waveform and found that most peaks don't exceed threshold even under heavy limiting. So I made an algorithm of focused peak suppression.
My limiter splits input signal to many small parts and applies reduction only to exceeding parts. Its transparency comes from this (maybe).
Old 2nd February 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
This limiter is a masterpiece. It's so clean and transparent. I really wish there was rtas/aax so I can do all work in one host.
Old 2nd February 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quick tip for everyone who never used this limiter, but wanna try it. It has OVERSHOOT parameter. Be sure to set it to CLIP. In other way it will not keep peaks below 0 dB.

P.S. Atsuto Kubo, it would be nice to have some kind of manual, or at least a quick start guide.
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Some questions:

output gain : ceiling
input gain: threshold?
What is the "limit level"?

Maybe i´m the only one, but i´m having troubles , it distorts/clip with less gain reduction that the one i´m comparing with (ddmf No Limits) and the limit level only add some unpleasant clipping.

Ciro
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methull ➡️
Quick tip for everyone who never used this limiter, but wanna try it. It has OVERSHOOT parameter. Be sure to set it to CLIP. In other way it will not keep peaks below 0 dB.

P.S. Atsuto Kubo, it would be nice to have some kind of manual, or at least a quick start guide.
As for overshoot parameter, you're completely true. It often passes peaks up around 0.2-0.4dB for a restriction of its algorithm.

And I'll write a manual asap.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro ➡️
Some questions:

Maybe i´m the only one, but i´m having troubles , it distorts/clip with less gain reduction that the one i´m comparing with (ddmf No Limits) and the limit level only add some unpleasant clipping.

Ciro
Ciro, I had the same problem I ended up using only INPUT LEVEL. So for me it's just a prefect one knob limiter, which is better than FG-X and Ozone 5. My settings for every mix is: CH - LR, Shape - Linear, Oversampling - 16x, Overshoot - Clip, Limit Level - 0 dB, Output Gain - 0 dB. The only parameter I changing is INPUT GAIN.

Atsuto, give us manual. I'd like to know something about limit level and shape
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Some questions:

That's correct about output and input gain when limit level is set to 0dB.

Invisible process signals:
1) take signal from input
2) apply "input gain"
3) process peaks exceeding "limit level"
4) apply "output gain"
5) write signal to output

Threshold parameter in common limiters implies make-up gain in the same amount after limiting. IMO it's hard to understand and that's the reason I chose input/limit level/output controls set.

However, are "Threshold and Ceiling" controls familiar more than current controls for people? If people prefer threshold and ceiling, I'll consider about changing controls to a threshold/ceiling pair.

Quote:
Some questions:

Ciro
mmm... Though it might depend on input, some inputs are Achilles heel for Invisible. AFAIK Invisible tends to generate clipped sounds for some input signal like solo vocal, solo piano and solo wood bass. (I often put Pro-L before Invisible in these case.)

Atsuto
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Atsuto, give us manual. I'd like to know something about limit level and shape
Yes I'll give my effort to manual.

Shape parameter controls the type of time-varying reduction curve. In linear setting, the reduction amount increases linearly during attack. And in log setting the amount increases linearly in dB-scale. (I like linear)

Atsuto
Old 3rd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuto Kubo ➡️
However, are "Threshold and Ceiling" controls familiar more than current controls for people? If people prefer threshold and ceiling, I'll consider about changing controls to a threshold/ceiling pair
Imho, OUTPUT is definitely need to be CEILING, but Input Gain looks and sounds more cool to me than Threshold and Input Gain is clear and understandable.

I still don't understand what is LIMIT LEVEL and I always set it to 0...
Old 3rd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Imho, OUTPUT is definitely need to be CEILING, but Input Gain looks and sounds more cool to me than Threshold and Input Gain is clear and understandable.

I still don't understand what is LIMIT LEVEL and I always set it to 0...
From what I understand, Limit Level is Thresshold in compresssors. This and Input Gain are like two sides of a coin. Like any compressors, you need to make Output Gain up when Limit Level (Threshold) is set to negative side. When you set Limit Level zero, Output Gain works as Ceiling.
Old 3rd February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
ok, i only need 2 sliders/knobs for limiting:
- input gain (or treshold)
- outceiling (or outputgain)

the three knob design is like apple logics ad-limiter.
Old 3rd February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
great work!!!!
i think this is my new go-to-limiter.
it is every time a little challenge to find the suitable limiter for a song.
but this beast sounds really natural!!!
Old 4th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Totally agree and maybe also a few quick Presets as a startup. Sometimes watching a quick startup presets helps quickly understand the mind behind a plugin behavior. Just a thought WIll be trying this one tomorrow
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Limiters totally need presets.
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
there is no need for presets - or was this a joke??
for mastering jobs set your output to -0.1 or better -0.3. set the mode to "clip" to avoid overshoots and the oversampling to 16x for a better and cleaner processing.
and then you can change between lr and ms mode (with ms mode its possible to push the limiter harder without smashing your side stereo informations - i prefer lr mode).
after all you can bring in the input knob to your taste or use a mastered song as reference.

the two functions "limit level" and "shape" are more or less useless for me.
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
great will test - need a good value excellent limiter...
Old 4th February 2013
FFS
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I've been using this on everything since purchasing a week ago and I have to say it's incredible!
buy, buy, buy!
G
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Very nice limiter
Great work!

One (small) request though:
would love to be able to set the levels with a scroll wheel.

Thank you very much in advance.
Phybeau
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Originally Posted by Solar
Quote:
Totally agree and maybe also a few quick Presets as a startup. Sometimes watching a quick startup presets helps quickly understand the mind behind a plugin behavior. Just a thought WIll be trying this one tomorrow
Yes, presence of presets is the best way to reverse engineer the tool without any manual.
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm having some trouble keeping this limiter artifact free on material with clean 808 type kick drums and similar things. It's seemingly very punchy and transparent on other material though.. probably it's approaching full on digital clipping by being very fast.

I wish it had one more control for look-a-head / hold. This way we could make it clean sounding even on difficult material. Now it just doesn't work at all on this kind of stuff..

It's a very promising limiter and I absolutely love the vibe/punch it has.

Cheers!
bManic
Old 6th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast ➡️
Yes, presence of presets is the best way to reverse engineer the tool without any manual.
I don't get it. Why people need presets for one-knob plugin? All you need to do here is insert plugin with its default settings (at least 1.4.2 default settings) and turn INPUT LEVEL knob. What I really want is one more algorithm for this limiter to better handle clean stuff. There is only FG-X and Ozone 5 can compete with Invisible Limiter in rock and metal music (a lot of transients) and Invisible always wins. But on clean stuff (vocal, orchestra) Invisible does not always win.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I don't get it. Why people need presets for one-knob plugin? All you need to do here is insert plugin with its default settings (at least 1.4.2 default settings) and turn INPUT LEVEL knob. What I really want is one more algorithm for this limiter to better handle clean stuff. There is only FG-X and Ozone 5 can compete with Invisible Limiter in rock and metal music (a lot of transients) and Invisible always wins. But on clean stuff (vocal, orchestra) Invisible does not always win.
++++++++1
limiter fail
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Addict
to the developer: i dont want to sound like a police but quick word of advice. you might get into trouble by using the names of other limiters on your website where the comparison section is. if i were you i would just take all the names out and did a straight comparison between your limiter and "other" commercial limiters that you can get on the market.

ps

and by the way really like this limiter !
📝 Reply