The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A.O.M. Invisible Limiter
Old 6th November 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Tried it opn different sources and compared it to (mostly) barricade, xenon, melda and other limiters. As good as with all the mentionend limiters on almost all sources, almost.... Whent it comes to Drums, snare, kick wooooow. It's loud and punchy like no other limiter. Instant buy!!!! Remixed two songs and now the kick and the snare sound like I want them to sound!
Old 6th November 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Still using it, still think it's amazing. Between this and the new Elephant, I'm really happy with things. Wish AOM was RTAS though, kinda unstable via
Patchwork in Protools.
Old 4th December 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Artifacts after 1-2 db of reduction. Of course its better then FG-X because FG-x sucks. Tone boosters barricade is better....Invisible limiter is cool but needs some work still.
Old 4th December 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor ➑️
Artifacts after 1-2 db of reduction. Of course its better then FG-X because FG-x sucks. Tone boosters barricade is better....Invisible limiter is cool but needs some work still.
You're kidding right? If you hear any artifacts after 1-2dB of gain reduction using Invisible Limiter, I'm guessing that something is wrong before even hitting your master fader. Also saying that FG-X sucks, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I use it and I love it. I think it's one of the best limiter/clipper on the market.
Old 4th December 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Nothing is wrong. As for FG-x its not an opinion. Many others feel the same. The algo wasn't great thats why they are totally updating it. Try the Toneboosters Barricade. =) It even uses way less CPU....Not that it really matters anymore but ya....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nothing is wrong. As for FG-x its not an opinion. Many others feel the same. The algo wasn't great thats why they are totally updating it. Try the Toneboosters Barricade. =) It even uses way less CPU....Not that it really matters anymore but ya....
Claiming that FG-X sucks IS an opinion even if other people share the same opinion. On the other side, many other people just like me, think that Invisible Limiter and FG-X are some of the best limiters. That's also just an opinion... I'll check out ToneBoosters Barricade. Thanks.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Seems like you never used FG-X or Invisible Limiter. They both are better than Barricade. There is no way to get artifact with any limiter after 1-2 dB of GR unless it's loud clear drone like sound without transients.
Old 8th December 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
does AOM INvisible LIMITER work well in PT 10 Mac? AAX 32

Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuto Kubo ➑️
Hi all,
I'd like to announce my mastering limiter.
Though it was released previously, this is the first product alert on Gearslutz

A.O.M. Invisible Limiter
Invisible Limiter | A.O.M.
Windows VST 32/64bit, Mac OSX VST & AU 32/64bit

* Notable Features
- Near-zero pumping.
- Oversampling mode to catch inter-sample peaks.
- Unity Gain Monitoring to concentrate sound changes.

* Audio Demo
Comparison with other mastering limiters in the same settings. Severe limiting condition.
Invisible Limiter | A.O.M. (in product page)

* Downloads
Download | A.O.M.

* License and Pricing
- Keyfile-based auth
- $25 for 1-year, $99 for no expiration

Enjoy!
I am confused... I read the manual, and I am demoing the AOM Invisible Limiter

I can not find a way to set the final output level to -0.1 db... for CD mastering.

yes, I read the manual. I see the controls INPUT GAIN & OUTPUT GAIN... let no way to set final output level (to -0.1 db, or any specific value.

Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
if you put -0.1 in the OUTPUT GAIN, the level will not pass that limit.
Old 10th December 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Was just trying to help. Yes Methull, you'de think that 1-2 db of reduction wouldn't cause artifact. I literally had a client complain about some fuzz on just the kick at the start of a track this morning. (Using Invisible Limiter). Opened the project....had no gain on the input.......swapped to TB Barricade (same settings).........and it was gone. Simple. This was not the first time this has happened with the plugin......and it's just a limiter it's not rocket science. =)
Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is still my favorite software limiter for getting levels nice and loud while retaining the punch of the mix.
Old 10th December 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_HERALDO ➑️
if you put -0.1 in the OUTPUT GAIN, the level will not pass that limit.
OK yes, i tried this... this works.

However the manual does not indicate this fact.... plus the word GAIN is misleading.

I would suggest it best be called OUTPUT LEVEL.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I haven't purchased this yet, but I'm still confused as to whether it's supposed to be in clipper mode or suppress mode by default. Which mode is meant to be used for the limiting? What exactly is suppress mode doing vs clipper? I found tbe manual pretty vague. Sorry for my basic questions, Im used to my limiters only having one function, limiting.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I feel clipper to be a little bit more "brickwall" styla than suppress. I almost always use suppress.
Old 11th December 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I almost always use clip mode on kick, snare and master bus.
Old 14th December 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 ➑️
I haven't purchased this yet, but I'm still confused as to whether it's supposed to be in clipper mode or suppress mode by default. Which mode is meant to be used for the limiting? What exactly is suppress mode doing vs clipper? I found tbe manual pretty vague. Sorry for my basic questions, Im used to my limiters only having one function, limiting.
Use your ears. If it doesn't help then use this:

Channel: L/R
Shape: Linear
Oversampling: 16x, or 1x if you don't hear the difference and wanna save some CPU
Latency: Normal
Overshoot: Clip
Limit Level: 0.00 dB
Output: -0.01 dB (or your usual value)

So basically having these setting the only thing you need to adjust is INPUT GAIN until you get desired volume level.
Old 14th December 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Was just trying to help. Yes Methull, you'de think that 1-2 db of reduction wouldn't cause artifact. I literally had a client complain about some fuzz on just the kick at the start of a track this morning. (Using Invisible Limiter). Opened the project....had no gain on the input.......swapped to TB Barricade (same settings).........and it was gone. Simple. This was not the first time this has happened with the plugin......and it's just a limiter it's not rocket science. =)
Limiting is one of the most complex things in audio. So it is rocket science. People may not post a lot in this thread, but every good mixing engineer who tried this plugin - they all now using this thing. This limiter is the best. If you have any problems with it - it's problems with your mixing. The things you talking about just not possible. If you think it's possible, then post small part of your mix, then post this part processed with your limiter and I'll make original mix atleast 3 dB louder with Invisible and there will be less artifacts

And I wasn't trying to offend you in any way. I'm trying to help.
Old 18th December 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Wow I just heard of the Invisible Limiter today, and tried a demo. I was AMAZED - I just kept pushing the volume up and it responded in such a transparent way, it was truly miraculous. I also downloaded a demo today of a competitor which is 3 times the price, and it was incredibly distorted even with the most modest of gain increases. I think AOM could be a real game-changer! I also own a number of other well known limiters which have been discussed in this thread, and they all have their faults in various ways, some more than others. It is only Invisible Limiter that has blown me away with pure magic.
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Gotta say, I demoed the invisible limiter yesterday and then bought it. I used it again today and really enjoy the way it keeps the transients intact and yet sounds very organic and natural.
Old 22nd April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
this is really good
Id have to recommend that people give it a try. doesnt push the mids like some others..

Last edited by rectifried; 29th April 2015 at 05:27 AM..
Old 12th May 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
What do you guys think about Ozone 6 Maximizer compared to Invisible Limiter? Thanx
Old 12th May 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Invisble limiter wins by far. I don't feel none of the izotope limiters anything special.
Old 29th September 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Im sorry but people are sleeping on this plugin. Thank you for making this!
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Old 29th November 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I tried it and bought it immediately. It sounds transparent and preserves transients even at higher gain reduction.

Just finished my first mastering project with it and my client was very satisfied. It was an instrumental song with bass, guitars and drums including some big sharp snare hits here and there. He wanted a bit more gain on the master than I would otherwise do. I was afraid that these snare hits would be smeared but the limiter did the job pretty well. Actually, I was suprised. Fantastic product for a great price!
Old 31st December 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Just tried it and easily the most transparent brickwall limiter that exists. Even edges out FabFilter L.
Old 20th May 2016 | Show parent
wo1
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Invisible Limiter G2 released! IL on steroids!! Well done AOM. Sounds really impressive.
πŸ“ Reply