Quantcast
FLUX 64 Bit V3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FLUX 64 Bit V3
Old 28th January 2013
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
FLUX 64 Bit V3

Hi,
Bitter Swetter and Elixir are now in 64 bit !

Today, we are finally starting to release the AAX (Native & DSP) and 64-bit compatible versions of our software, built on our latest 64-bit version 3 framework, hereafter called v3. First out is the FREE BitterSweet v3 Transient Designer, and the Elixir v3 True Peak Limiter, and now when we have the framework ready, we are aiming at having all our software ported and available within Q1 this year.

The v3 framework improves the performance dramatically (measured 500-1000 percent improvement for Elixir depending on host environment!) and for the graphic rendering the v3 framework includes our GPU-efficient 2D/3D graphic engine, first introduced in the Pure Analyzer System, based on the OpenGL standard optimizing the audio-to-visual experience utilizing the GPU on the computer's built in graphics card.

The update to the 64-bit compatible and to the AAX Native version (AU/VST/AAX Native) is Free of charge for all current owners of Elixir, and can be downloaded when logged in to the customer download area on our website. If you're not using Elixir yet, a dongle free trial version is available on our download page as well.

Flux:: sound and picture development

Regards from France Hey toi !!! Je sais que t'es dans le coin Feloche
Old 28th January 2013
  #2
Gear Head
 
KeapHope's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
FLUX 64 Bit V3

That's great news! Will ePure, Pure Compressor, DCompressor, and Limiter be coming out soon?
Old 28th January 2013
  #3
Gear Nut
 
jbuchholtz's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Please donΒ΄t forget the "sample grabber" plugin of the Pure Analyzer system. Small but very important
Old 28th January 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 
superwack's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Is there a NEW ilok license that replaces the old one? I just installed the V3 AAX on a Pro Tools system that is running ELIXIR and when I restarted it said LICENSE CAN'T BE FOUND! The older ELIXIR loads as it should.
Old 28th January 2013
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I'm not from Flux, just a customer... ;-)
Man i think you will update your dongle with Security Manager.
Elixir is ok for me.
Old 28th January 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
 
superwack's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Ha... wasn't shooting the messenger, just shouting in to the void. Flux is not good at returning emails so I thought I'd ask here. I have all the latest Pace drivers, are you using the latest version of Elixir on a mac as aax?

Thanks.
Old 28th January 2013
  #7
Lives for gear
 
kosi's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
That's great news !
How about the Ircam Tools ?
Old 28th January 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 
superwack's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
FOUND IT... this computer is still running Snow Leopard which is NOT supported. bummer
Our products are compatible with MacOS Snow Leopard (10.6*), Lion (10.7) and Mountain Lion (10.8). You should update your products for compatibility, latest releases are always found in our download area

* Not supported in our version 3 (v3) software products.
Old 28th January 2013
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I made test on my Macbook Pro 17' Uniboy Core Duo 2 - 2,8 ghz - 8 8ghz RAM - Logic Pro 9.1.8 Mountain Lion

First, only 4 stage on Elixir V3. High Resolution option is gone.

Here Elixir V3 32 bit version


Here Elixir V3 64 bit version


Here Elixir V2 32 bit version (Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion)


As you can see, the optimization is amazing with same setup. The V3 run better on 64 bit mode.

I didn't test with the graphic mothership on my laptop, before i switched to the Nvidia 9600M GT.

Sorry for my english...
Old 29th January 2013
  #10
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
I can't get the 64 bit version of Elixir v3 to validate with Logic Pro 9.1.8 on Lion. 32 bit seems to work ok. I get "Logic Pro unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit "ElixirV3" by "Flux." Odd.
Old 29th January 2013
  #11
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
In case anyone else encounters the AU validation problem I had... It seems that the 64 bit version of Elixir v3 doesn't like Rewire. I just got it to validate and run properly by removing the Rewire folder from Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostevego ➑️
In case anyone else encounters the AU validation problem I had... It seems that the 64 bit version of Elixir v3 doesn't like Rewire. I just got it to validate and run properly by removing the Rewire folder from Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/
It is funny you say that.

I can get 32 bit and 64 bit Elixir v3 to validate, load and work.
BUT, whenever I quit a project with Elixir v3 in and then quit Logic, Logic crashes.

And the Crash Log always relates to ReWire, which I never use.

If I remove the ReWire.bundle from the Library the problem goes away....

...but then there seems to be a conflict with Plugin Alliance Vertigo VSC-2 if I use that in the same project as Elixir v3.
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
  #13
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld ➑️
It is funny you say that.

I can get 32 bit and 64 bit Elixir v3 to validate, load and work.
BUT, whenever I quit a project with Elixir v3 in and then quit Logic, Logic crashes.

And the Crash Log always relates to ReWire, which I never use.
Flux had an issue with the older RTAS version of Elixir and ReWire. I experienced the same problem back then trying to get Elixir to load in Pro Tools and could only get it working by you guessed it... removing ReWire. BTW - I was just able to recreate the crash you mentioned when quitting Logic. Ugh.
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostevego ➑️
BTW - I was just able to recreate the crash you mentioned when quitting Logic. Ugh.
Would you PLEASE report that to Ziggy at Flux as he is unable to reproduce it.

Thanks
Old 29th January 2013
  #15
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
You got it. Dying to have a stable build of it. Great plugin when it is not crashing everything.
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostevego ➑️
You got it. Dying to have a stable build of it. Great plugin when it is not crashing everything.
Thanks a lot.

The CPU performance is sooooo much better with v3.

Possibly the most transparent limiter out there.

But the crashes when quitting Logic are annoying to say the least.
Old 29th January 2013
  #17
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Good old flux!
Old 29th January 2013
  #18
Gear Maniac
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Go all to Facebook fan page to report : https://www.facebook.com/FluxSound?fref=ts
Old 29th January 2013
  #19
Gear Nut
 
psmworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Elixir AAX Native and DSP are working perfect on Pro Tools HDX. the best AAX DSP limiter out there!
Old 29th January 2013
  #20
Gear Maniac
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I remove Rewire and all is perfect now !
Old 29th January 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Thanks for the notice!

Has anyone received an email from them about this?


-SD
Old 29th January 2013
  #22
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
I sent two emails yesterday but have yet to hear anything. Hoping everyone that experiences this buggyness lets them know.
Old 29th January 2013
  #23
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Looks like the have acknowledged the rewire problem on their facebook page.
Old 29th January 2013
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostevego ➑️
Looks like the have acknowledged the rewire problem on their facebook page.
Yes I was able to show the Mac guru the problem about 2 hours ago. Hopefully they will sort it soon.
Old 30th January 2013
  #25
DSK
Lives for gear
 
DSK's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Flux Elixir is amazing. I think after the Ircam Studio Bundle I'll be a Flux customer again.
I just used it on some tracks and the sound is incredible and smooth. I can push it and with the difference button you can eat some unwanted transients while retaining the punch.

Can't beat the sound quality and efficient interface of their plugins.

Also they do tend to make nice upgrade offers when they also have promos running (I uprgraded from Verb Session).
Old 30th January 2013
  #26
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Major problem: They aren't offering a reasonable upgrade price from Native to AAX DSP, our only option is to buy it outright at $289 (20% off right now). With the Avid ProLimiter coming out, which will likely be at a lower price, as well as Nugen ISL, I can't see justifying this purchase.
Old 30th January 2013
  #27
Gear Maniac
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Maybe, but they make the most transparency digital tool like some hardware. And for that there is no price !!!
Old 30th January 2013
  #28
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
BitterSweet 64bit does not show up in Studio One. Any ideas?
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
Nighthawk77's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostevego ➑️
I can't get the 64 bit version of Elixir v3 to validate with Logic Pro 9.1.8 on Lion. 32 bit seems to work ok. I get "Logic Pro unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit "ElixirV3" by "Flux." Odd.
Also does not work in Cubase 6.5.
None of the 64 bit plugins.
Old 30th January 2013
  #30
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk77 ➑️
Also does not work in Cubase 6.5.
None of the 64 bit plugins.
Have you removed ReWire from your machine? There is a major conflict between ReWire and Elixir. Also make sure to include any crash logs when contacting Flux support.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 72 views: 116219
Avatar for Nightshifter
Nightshifter 27th October 2015
replies: 577 views: 33070
Avatar for kdm
kdm 1st July 2009
replies: 18 views: 3963
Avatar for Diogo C
Diogo C 9th December 2014
replies: 332 views: 142016
Avatar for Leumas Fyzz
Leumas Fyzz 29th September 2015
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump