Quantcast
XKey from CME @ winter NAMM - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
XKey from CME @ winter NAMM
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
XKey from CME @ winter NAMM

Just caught this one on sonicstate, neat little keyboard with, believe it or not, poly AT.

WNAMM13: CME Mini USB Keyboard With Poly Aftertouch - Video, XKey Full size keys and poly aftertouch (Video) -Sonicstate.com

I like the brushed aluminum, fits right in with Apple's desktop keyboards. Small foot print. Where are we with notation programs on iOS? Would be great with something like Sibelius in addition to all these synths like iPolysix, Animoog, etc.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That thing is nice! Full size keys too on such a small controller. Got to grab one of these.
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I would never buy another CME product. Horrible build quality, firmware updates that brick your unit, and nonexistent support. Beware.
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport11rocks ➑️
I would never buy another CME product. Horrible build quality, firmware updates that brick your unit, and nonexistent support. Beware.
I have their UF6 controller keyboard and was promised new drivers to replace the original buggy ones for over 4 years. The drivers never materialised, and they just continued to ignore their original customers requests and developed new products instead.
I have vowed never to buy another product from them.
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Shame since they're one of the very few that haven't forgotten about poly aftertouch.

Regards,
Frank
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not defending them too much here, but I messed with a few of their mini keyboards at NAMM and I think they may of really improved their quality as it was widely known their initial products were crap.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I would be interested if I had any confidence in their customer service, but I will never forget the anger and frustration I felt for being led on for years on their site forum on which we were being continually assured that there were new updates for firmware and software, and even that new chipsets were being sent out to us to replace the faulty ones in the products. The thread was suddenly and without so much as an apology, locked, and no more information was given. This is just shady and unprofessional behaviour and I for one will not support a company like this.
Old 1st February 2013
Deleted User #106149
Thats a shame because ive been waiting for a product like this but the reviews really put me off. Will someone at Sonicstate reply to these negative comments ?
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm afraid i will have to join the choir... I had a CME 88 keys controller ( the top of the line ), and it's the worst piece of crap i have ever bought. The keys all died, got stuck one after the other , after a year or so in the space of a few months. Beyond unrepairable. It's in the garbage can now.
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
CME is garbage

Sent from my HTC6435LVW
Old 1st February 2013
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I love gearslutz
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've got to join the choir regarding their support - unless there's a very compelling reason to do so (poly AT doesn't quite do it), won't be buying CME again anytime soon.
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Are they really that bad? The CME keyboards always had an attractive feature set and were the only ones I know of with Yamaha Breath Controller input.
Old 18th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro ➑️
Are they really that bad? The CME keyboards always had an attractive feature set and were the only ones I know of with Yamaha Breath Controller input.
Don't make me go there, please!
Old 19th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman ➑️
I'm afraid i will have to join the choir... I had a CME 88 keys controller ( the top of the line ), and it's the worst piece of crap i have ever bought. The keys all died, got stuck one after the other , after a year or so in the space of a few months. Beyond unrepairable. It's in the garbage can now.
I basically have this exact same story.

Company sucks.
Old 20th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I have an 88 key UF8...the old ones with the red sides, and it has served me well for many years.

The 32 note Arturia keyboard they built for the Analog Factory thing didn't last very long before some keys stopped working.

So maybe it's a hit and miss
Old 20th February 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Crap keyboards ... I need to buy a knew one now, and it certainly won't be another CME product ...
Old 10th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is this out yet?
πŸ“ Reply