NAMM: TASCAM ANNOUNCES US-322 and US-366 USB Interfaces - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: TASCAM ANNOUNCES US-322 and US-366 USB Interfaces
Old 25th January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Hardware NAMM: TASCAM ANNOUNCES US-322 and US-366 USB Interfaces

USB Audio Interface
The US-322 and US-366 sport similar aluminum casings for the same rugged reliability plus new improved HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic pres. These HDDA Mic Pres offer a wider frequency response (10Hz to 68kHz), high S/N ratio (98dB), low EIN (-120dBu) and low THD+N (0.0045%); qualities rarely achieved in interfaces this affordable.

These all-new interfaces boast low S/N ratio, low THD and the US-366 flaunts 24bit/192kHz recording; certifying these as the best sounding interfaces to be released by TASCAM yet. The 2-in/2-out US-322 features 1 Mic XLR/Line-Guitar TRS input, 1 Mic XLR/Line TRS input, 2 Line TRS and 2 Line RCA outputs. The 6-in/4-out or 4-in/6-out US-366 adds 2 Line RCA inputs and 1 Digital RCA/Optical input/output. One click of the top-loaded “Mixer Panel” button will access TASCAM’s new mixing console screen and on-board insert/send effects for easy-to-use, versatile recording. The digital mixer offers two operational modes, multi-track mode and stereo-mix mode.

After months of organized tests by TASCAM’s esteemed engineers and R&D department, the new TASCAM interfaces are guaranteed to offer new luxuries, reliability and value not found before in competing models. TASCAM’s US-322 and US-366 are bundled with Cubase LE6, feature easy-to-use controls, amazing quality, and feature-rich technology, advantages sure to please professional and amateur recording artists alike.

Features
Both US-322 and US-366
• 2 - XLR mic inputs with HDDA mic pres and +48V phantom power
• On-board digital mixer - “Multi-track mode” or “Stereo mix mode” selectable
• On-board Effects: Insert: Compressor, EQ Send: Reverb
• Low latency monitoring
• Prepared for Internet broadcasting and movie file creating/editing (Stereo Mix Mode)
• Dedicated monitor mixing (Multi-Track Mode)
• Mixer panel provides users intuitive operation on PC for sound mixing and activating effects.
• MON MIX volume provides easy operation for adjusting level balance from external devices and PC.
• Output selector for each output; selectable between internal mixer output and PC sound.
• 2 balanced XLR microphone/TRS line inputs. L channel can be switched to Guitar Input for high-impedance support.
• TRS balanced Line Outputs
• 1/4” TRS headphone output
• USB 2.0 bus-powered
• Cubase LE6 is included
• Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 support
• Mac OSX Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion support

US-322 Only – ESP: $149.99
• 2-in/2-out USB audio interface
• Up to 24bit/96kHz recording
• RCA line outputs (Signal is the same as the TRS balanced line outputs) US-

366 Only – ESP: $199.99
• 6-in/4-out or 4-in/6-out USB interface depending on the setting of line 3 and line 4.
• Up to 24bit/192kHz recording
• RCA or optical digital input
• RCA and optical digital output
• REMOTE connector: The DAW transport can be controlled by an optional remote controller, RC-3F: foot switch.

Links : Product: US-322 | TASCAM & Product: US-366 | TASCAM
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If they pull the 366 off it could be a huge deal. Optical this cheap? Everything else looks really chintzy but goodness, I'm not going to dismiss it if they lower the threshold for having optical.
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Deleted 09ad95d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierkes ➡️
If they pull the 366 off it could be a huge deal. Optical this cheap? Everything else looks really chintzy but goodness, I'm not going to dismiss it if they lower the threshold for having optical.
Agreed, optical for $199 is ideal, but the A/D D/A specs are underwhelming. For $300, someone could pick up a TC Impact Twin, get optical and get really solid converters.

Still, this appeals to me -- I have a Duet 2 (no optical). I'm considering either a Kemper or Axe-FXII and having an interface with S/PDIF would eliminate one stage of conversion. $200 to connect something like a Kemper would be great for someone who can't afford a RME or UA Apollo.
Old 10th February 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm hoping to pick up the 366, I'll let you guys know how it sounds...
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Do let us know!

Sent from my phone.
Old 29th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger ➡️
Agreed, optical for $199 is ideal, but the A/D D/A specs are underwhelming.
I thought the same when I read the specs, its a pity, the rest seems to be very good.

I wouldn´t mind to pay more if the US- 366 would have great converters.
Old 9th May 2013
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I have a finalizer that has decent AD/DA conversion, would the 366 (or a 144mkii) be a good digital in/out unit to use to go into a computer? Any advice greatly appreciated. Are there better options for the same money? thinking I don't need an interface w/converters since the TC Electronic has that covered. Going into a Mac w/Reaper.
📝 Reply