The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Raven MTI at NAMM
Old 26th May 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpo10 ➡️
Hi
I have an MTi but miss having a physical jog wheel. Does anyone know if one can use the MTi and the Avid/Euphonix transport at the same time?
????
Old 26th May 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➡️
????
No-one? There must be someone who has tried the combination. My fear is Avid's general flakiness will inhibit the neyfi and eucon coexistence.
Old 27th May 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I don't know but when I first got my MTi, I had issues with it connecting to Logic. On a support session, one of Slate's techs removed Eucon but also made a change in Logic so I'm not sure which one was needed to get it to work. Since I was getting rid of my Euphonix control surfaces, I didn't worry about it too much. It could be that the setting in Logic is all that was needed but I don't know. Email support at Slate and I'm sure they could tell you more and a lot faster than posting here.
Old 27th May 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➡️
????
Quote:
Originally Posted by emfrank72 ➡️
I don't know but when I first got my MTi, I had issues with it connecting to Logic. On a support session, one of Slate's techs removed Eucon but also made a change in Logic so I'm not sure which one was needed to get it to work. Since I was getting rid of my Euphonix control surfaces, I didn't worry about it too much. It could be that the setting in Logic is all that was needed but I don't know. Email support at Slate and I'm sure they could tell you more and a lot faster than posting here.
Good idea. However, the question would be whether support replies? I'll give it a go and if I get an answer, post it here.
Old 29th May 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate ➡️
Don't give up your 30" display! As I said, the dual RAVEN build will work great with this setup.

Cheers,
Steven
Hi
i test a week ago raven <mti + 30 " and 20 " on mac pro 12core 2012

works fantastic.
when my mackie controllers are sold a order direct the
Quote:
MTI
Attached Thumbnails
Slate Raven MTI at NAMM-img_2887.jpg  
Old 12th June 2014 | Show parent
JSZ
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut4 ➡️
Very curious to know if this has been tested with UA's Apollo console application?
Hi Folks.

This is my first post on just about any forum ever, so I will be a bit noob-ish.

I'm interested in the Raven MTI and have been looking for a solution like this for a DAW controller.

I am curious as to whether this could be used with UA's Apollo Console app, hense re-iterating psychonaut4's question. I think these two devices could work very well together. Hopefully I haven't missed a post answering this question.

Thanks to all you folks out there for sharing your knowledge and experience. It really is a huge help to us newbies.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by belvedere ➡️
Hi
i test a week ago raven <mti + 30 " and 20 " on mac pro 12core 2012

works fantastic.
when my mackie controllers are sold a order direct the

Holy crap that's a lot of Mackie controllers!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZ ➡️
Hi Folks.

This is my first post on just about any forum ever, so I will be a bit noob-ish.

I'm interested in the Raven MTI and have been looking for a solution like this for a DAW controller.

I am curious as to whether this could be used with UA's Apollo Console app, hense re-iterating psychonaut4's question. I think these two devices could work very well together. Hopefully I haven't missed a post answering this question.

Thanks to all you folks out there for sharing your knowledge and experience. It really is a huge help to us newbies.
NOOB ALERT....NOOB ALERT.... just kidding, welcome! I'm one of the Pro Account Managers with GC PRO and have both a RAVEN MTX and a RAVEN MTI in my office. The number one question that gets asked by those that walk in is "does it work with this.....does it work with that....what about this....". And the answer is YES. Now, there are specific controls it has for Pro Tools (and now Logic, with others to come) that make it so much more than just a simple touch display, but for normal computer operation it is just a simple touch display--but it's so much more than that of course. I'll show them some features in Pro Tools, but what seems to be just as impressive is launching iTunes and clicking on the songs I want to play.

So to answer your question about the UA console application yes, absolutely. Will it have the same level of control as Pro Tools? No, but for that application it's not needed.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZ ➡️
Hi Folks.

NOOB ALERT....NOOB ALERT.... just kidding, welcome! I'm one of the Pro Account Managers with GC PRO and have both a RAVEN MTX and a RAVEN MTI in my office. The number one question that gets asked by those that walk in is "does it work with this.....does it work with that....what about this....". And the answer is YES. Now, there are specific controls it has for Pro Tools (and now Logic, with others to come) that make it so much more than just a simple touch display, but for normal computer operation it is just a simple touch display--but it's so much more than that of course. I'll show them some features in Pro Tools, but what seems to be just as impressive is launching iTunes and clicking on the songs I want to play.

So to answer your question about the UA console application yes, absolutely. Will it have the same level of control as Pro Tools? No, but for that application it's not needed.
Old 13th June 2014
JSZ
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hey, thanks for that Brad.
Old 13th June 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapfreak ➡️
Holy crap that's a lot of Mackie controllers!
sold and ordered the Raven mti
Old 11th July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
New to this thread. The Raven MTX and MTi. How are people enjoying it?
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've had mine since last Xmas. Loved it from the start. Originally I had 3 Mackie controllers, went to a Nucleus, now have the MTi. I can't imagine working without it now. Plus the 2.0 software is great.
Old 31st August 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Does anyone tried the raven mti with Softube console 1?
Old 14th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate ➡️
You can watch youtube or browse the web on the RAVEN during your break, or even watch Netflix.
Cheers,
Steven
then again maybe not
Netflix does not work on a Raven
Attached Thumbnails
Slate Raven MTI at NAMM-raven-netfilx-error.jpg  
📝 Reply