The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Waves Audio Announces AAX Native Support
Old 1st March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnFraGile ➡️
Nope you're not alone Eduardo.
Does anyone remember this flop - waves apa32 ?

Marco Bernardo
yeah, I actually bought the 44.
Old 9th April 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
So with the official announcement of Pro Tools 11 using AAX instead of RTAS, do we know if Waves v9 plugins will work in Pro Tools 11?
Old 9th April 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnykeees ➡️
So with the official announcement of Pro Tools 11 using AAX instead of RTAS, do we know if Waves v9 plugins will work in Pro Tools 11?
You answered your own question. v9 is RTAS and RTAS will not work in PT 11. They used Waves AAX Native in PT 11 presentation last night.
Old 9th April 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do ➡️
They used Waves AAX Native in PT 11 presentation last night.
nice.
Old 11th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Waves V9 to work with PT 11

So it WILL be available for PT 11? Waves does not use AAX format so we will not benefit from the plugins like the AAX format. This is frustrating.
Old 11th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i found this on the avid website regarding waves and pt 11

Does Waves support AAX?
A: Yes, the latest Waves plug-ins are now available for AAX Native and are in beta for Pro Tools 11. At this time, Waves does not support AAX DSP, but if you’re looking for alternatives to Waves plug-ins, there are many great-sounding third-party plug-ins that provide the guaranteed peak performance and increased headroom of the AAX DSP format. See the Plug-in Finder page for a full listing of AAX DSP and AAX Native plug-ins.
Old 11th April 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i must say, uad is ahead of their time allowing users to access their plugins without taxing their sessions
Old 15th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM ➡️
I guess Waves is 'worried' about Avid creating their own competing AAX plugins!

After Massey announced AAX last week, I became less worried about the format. If Avid were remotely intelligent, they'd announce VST support for PT XI or whatever it will be called when it is announced in 2016.

-D
Wow! I guess Pro Tools 11 really is the future for you.
Welcome to 2016.
Old 15th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➡️
Kinda... I think Roc's point (and one I've made as well) is that any Native/CPU power used to do the routing/mixing/tracks, etc. in Pro Tools Native is freed up by the HDX card thus giving you more CPU for plugins since it isn't being used for the other tasks.
It doesn't really work like that though. Mixing and routing costs peanuts in terms of CPU/DSP load. It is the plugins that cause the most load. More importantly, shuttling data from the cards to the CPU and back actually puts more load on your system than simple gain/pan/routing.

Someone might be able to test the following: If you have a full mix on a HDX system that uses only native AAX plugins, try switching the engine to run entirely on the CPU. Does the CPU load increase or decrease? I am guessing it will decrease.

Not to mention the loss of voices...

Alistair
Old 17th April 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I have a native Studio Classics Collection... I think v6 from way back.

I'm going to get PT11 in May or whenever it comes out... if I buy a Waves Update Plan will I be good to go for AAX?
Old 17th April 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross ➡️
I have a native Studio Classics Collection... I think v6 from way back.

I'm going to get PT11 in May or whenever it comes out... if I buy a Waves Update Plan will I be good to go for AAX?

Yes, that's the way they do it. You'll then be covered for 12 months for all updates they make during that time.
Old 25th April 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
from what ive seen rtas wont work in pro tools11. so they have made it that you can run pro tools 10 and 11 on the same OS, not at the same time of course. this is in anticipation of plugs not working in 11.
this is all something that i knew would happen. waves waited for pt11 because they new it would be the final change to 64bit and the solidification of the new format. we should start to see many more AAX native & dsp like auto tune, etc.
📝 Reply