Quantcast
NAMM: Waves Manny Marroquin Sig. Series Collection Available Now. - Page 6 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Waves Manny Marroquin Sig. Series Collection Available Now.
Old 21st March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
and 15kHz on the EQ is pure magic on vocals!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex ➑️
and 15kHz on the EQ is pure magic on vocals!
Oh yeah. You can crank +8db and it's still smooth. Also, some nice, subtle distortion reminiscent of the analog days when using the eq.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsym ➑️
I use WOLI & don't select or de-select anything. It will then install any new plugins you don't already have in Mercury.
So, I just tried the 'don't select or deselect anything' and sure enough the WOLI installer replied: "You must select a program to install".

SO, do I select a single plugin, ie. the Manny Marroquin collection, or do I select 'Mercury + Studio Classics' (which is what I have a license for, and INCLUDES the new Manny plugin...).

Maybe I'm just dense, but it seems to me Waves could make it easier for Mercury owners to keep their collection up to date....
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie ➑️
I...can't...resist...must not....*aaaaarrrrgghh* too strong....I'm falling into the dark side!!!! All BS aside, these are some of the most useful tools I've ever worked with. Pure creative fun and veeeery easy to get where you wanna go. The tripple D is such a great idea but all the plugs sound fantastic. IMHO by a good margin the very best of the Artist series. Between these and REDD, WAVES has finally made me accept WUP
Mi sincere congratulations to everyone involved on the creation of these, great job
Similar kinda feelings here too!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoonz ➑️
So, I just tried the 'don't select or deselect anything' and sure enough the WOLI installer replied: "You must select a program to install".

SO, do I select a single plugin, ie. the Manny Marroquin collection, or do I select 'Mercury + Studio Classics' (which is what I have a license for, and INCLUDES the new Manny plugin...).

Maybe I'm just dense, but it seems to me Waves could make it easier for Mercury owners to keep their collection up to date....
"Mercury + Studio Classics" are the two boxes checked on mine for every update that seem to work......
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k ➑️
"Mercury + Studio Classics" are the two boxes checked on mine for every update that seem to work......
Interesting. Just got a note back from Waves support saying that I should select only the 'Manny Marroquin Signature Collection" button, then install that. Then use Waves License Center to download a new authorization. I'm trying that now, and hopefully soon I can stop clogging this thread with installation issues, and move on to the fun part of complaining about GUI's!

Old 22nd March 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
select only the mm
Old 22nd March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
..... hopefully soon I can stop clogging this thread with installation issues, and move on to the fun part of complaining about GUI's!

Could you also mention what it sounds like
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1thedon ➑️
Could you also mention what it sounds like
WHAT??????? Who has time for that kind of subjective nonsense!!!!!!!!!

(p.s. - got'em installed. Haven't tested enough to have an opinion... Except a couple of them pushed my CPU over the limit.)
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
enjoy!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Interesting. Just got a note back from Waves support saying that I should select only the 'Manny Marroquin Signature Collection" button, then install that. Then use Waves License Center to download a new authorization. I'm trying that now, and hopefully soon I can stop clogging this thread with installation issues, and move on to the fun part of complaining about GUI's!

Interesting. I just realized you were using WOLI, whereas my music PC is not online so I use the stand-alone installer. Must be the WOLI operates differently......
Old 23rd March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's all about the Tone Shaper and Triple D. These plugs represent a great direction for Waves. This approach takes more advanced processes and makes it easy to incorporate them into every mix.

The EQ is a great, musical EQ. Awesome filters.

The reverb is another buy in for me. The verbs sound great and different from what I've already got. Having the EQ and compression on board is another example of how these simplify things. Very cool.

The delay I could take or leave. It's good, but the appeal is more the channel strip of processes and effects included (hpf, lpf, verb, distortion, detune, phaser) It's extremely well thought out, but not memorable for me.

The distortion sounds good, and has cool features (attack and release) that are actually useful, but its an effect I won't be reaching for very often.

Also, I'm not a big fan of phasers, and would have been a little more partial to chorus. But, it's not my signature collection. So....

It's an interesting bundle, and worth the $$$ for the Tone Shaper and Triple D alone.
Old 23rd March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
[QUOTE=nept;8865263]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie ➑️

I just checked on my 3770 quickly. I loaded 30 instances what caused my asio load to jump from around 25% to 60%. I don't think it's that cpu hungry.

I couldn't really find any use for it tho. Where I tried it, broadband eq'ed parallel compression always sounded more pleasant or natural to my ears in comparison. What are you guys using it on?
Regarding Tone Shapter CPU usage: I found that it is a bit of a hog. However, it also reacts badly to the I/O plugin on the same channel strip (using Logic). So far I haven't found any other plugin that freaks out my processors the same way, but maybe that's something anyone with CPU issues might look into.

It took Logic a couple tries to validate the MM plugins and the log window was pretty verbose about some kind of leakage. The exact text was something about "just leaking," but I don't remember exactly.
Old 23rd March 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do ➑️
People brush off these signature series as "beginner toys" but I will say that CLA Guitars is used by many professional engineers in my circle including myself. They did an excellent job on that one. Can't say that about many of the others in the Signature Series.
Agreed..I like the CLA stuff, but use the TDM CLA Classic Compressors a lot! They still sound good on certain things. Also the JJP and Pultecs are great if used in a subtle way. I like to hear the dynamics in mixes and not everything loud. Still the some of the Signature stuff works well for that if used responsibly and you have the basics down.
Old 27th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I must say I really like the plugins. The EQ is simply amazing. The 15kHz boost is incredibly lush. Still messing with the Tone Shaper. I realize now I'm too much of a meter freak, I miss seeing to much what's going on and should focus more on what I hear. But it sounds great, that's for sure. Now on to the other plugs
Old 27th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
jpeters thanks for the feedback ! What do you think about the reverb ? It is said that it includes the Bricasti ir; have you tried it on a voice and is it satisfying ? For those who have the Relab 480 XL, is it comparable ?
(even if i'm out of subject, I tried their REDD console emulation plugs, and I 'm very astonished by the sonic subtility and depth that these plugs adds to the tracks !
Old 28th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I I haven't tried the reverb yet, will do soon. I'm hooked on the lexicon reverb plugins (especially the vintage plate) so I'm wondering how these will sound!
Old 29th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeters86 ➑️
I I haven't tried the reverb yet, will do soon. I'm hooked on the lexicon reverb plugins (especially the vintage plate) so I'm wondering how these will sound!
i love the lex , but having to insert several instances to be able to have differents algos isn't fun....

what i like about this is that you can switch from one algos to another on it and one type of verb to another

check it ....

sad it's a convo .....not fluide on controls*....
Old 25th October 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Man... These Manny Marroqouin plugs are the best waves plugins I've ever used. I've never been crazy about the sound of most waves plugs, I just use them because they are good utility plugs, but within the first few minutes of using the MM signature series its apparent these plugins are standouts. I can't wait to explore more of what these plugs are actually capable of.
Old 27th October 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by R'shonn ➑️
Man... These Manny Marroqouin plugs are the best waves plugins I've ever used. I've never been crazy about the sound of most waves plugs, I just use them because they are good utility plugs, but within the first few minutes of using the MM signature series its apparent these plugins are standouts. I can't wait to explore more of what these plugs are actually capable of.
check also the JJP .... higly higly higly underatted
πŸ“ Reply