NAMM: Korg KP3 KAOSS Pad Effects Sampler - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Korg KP3 KAOSS Pad Effects Sampler
Old 24th January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Hardware NAMM: Korg KP3 KAOSS Pad Effects Sampler

The Korg KP3 Effects Sampler

KAOSS Pad to the Third! Korg's KAOSS Pad technology has been embraced by DJs, musicians and producers alike. No other interface is as intuitive, immediate or just plain fun to use. By simply touching, tapping or sliding your finger over the touchpad, the all-new Korg KP3 is a powerful effects sampler that allows you to control multiple effects parameters and manipulate samples in real time. On stage or in the studio, these gestures and moves can become truly powerful and expressive performance elements. More than a processor, the KP3 is a complete instrument allowing you to manage, recall, and play back samples; sample on the fly; and add dynamic processing to any audio signal or to the samples themselves. The KP3 is an effects sampler with 128 exciting effects, ranging from traditional effects such as delays, flangers and reverbs, to exciting new effects, like grain shifter, decimator, analog style filter with a tone-bending drive circuit and EQs controllable directly from the pad.

Trip The Light Fantastic
The new pad lighting system of the KP3 DJ effects sampler provides visual cues for the current program, held position, and more - it can even scroll a custom message! This interface offers a whole new level of operator interaction.

Sync'd Up
The KP3 effects sampler's Auto BPM circuit derives tempo information from a turntable or CD player and can sync effects to play in perfect timing, while providing MIDI clock to other devices.

A DJ Effects Sampler Beyond Effects
Instant drum grooves and RADIAS-inspired vocoder and synthesizer sounds can also be played on the X/Y pad, and, they can be synced to tempo just like the effects.

Capture Contraption
Sampling and effects are integrated completely, so you can sample through the effects, and even resample the output to create powerful, multi-element sounds. Plus, you can sample and resample the synths and drums within the unit KAOSSILATOR style, to create musical phrases on the fly!

Save Yourself!
The KP3 offers a Secure Digital (SD) port, for loading and saving your sample data.

Software Sample Editor
An editor/librarian program is included with the KP3 effects sampler so you can build libraries of samples and edit them using your computer (via USB).

The Korg KP3+ will be available April 2013 for a U.S. Street price of $349.99.

Link : Effects Processor & Sampler | DJ Effects | KAOSS PAD | Korg KP3
Old 24th January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Video

Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➑️
And the award for worst video demo of a new product goes to....
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
So what's new?
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I'm thinking many KP3 owners will be upset that they couldn't release new effects with a firmware update or something. The hardware looks identical. What a waste.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta897 ➑️
I'm thinking many KP3 owners will be upset that they couldn't release new effects with a firmware update or something. The hardware looks identical. What a waste.
This.

Not forking out money for what? 10 new effects?

Shame on you Korg, both for the dick move and that terrible video. Probably more so for the video actually, that was truly terrible.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking!!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm thinking many KP3 owners will be upset that they couldn't release new effects with a firmware update or something.
no at all. Kp3 still in good condition...Old hardware with 10 more effect..like what.. another filter or jet effects. Silly move from korg..We waiting for kp4 with new concept.Maybe next NAMM
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto ➑️
no at all. Kp3 still in good condition...Old hardware with 10 more effect..like what.. another filter or jet effects.
That's exactly what I'm saying, man. Okay maybe not 'upset' if you don't care about the new effects, but it's totally useless to release the same device with different "plugins".

The only excuse would be if they required more dsp power, which this new KP3 provided. Even then, to not redesign the hardware or anything, seems like a total copout.
Old 17th February 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
HAHA...that video really is not very good. And thats a pointless product release by KORG.
Old 6th August 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
KP3 owner here. I always wondered if someone "cracked" any of the kaoss pads for added functionality. If the new effects in the KP3+ are basically just a firmware update, can someone (in the vast and majestic space of the internet) apply them to the old KP3 in a "hacked" firmware update?

i understand that question got convoluted. I have always wondered this though, even back to the early days with my boss me-50.
Old 7th August 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'd assume that it would be possible, if it is just a firmware upgrade.

Not putting my hand up to do it mind you, I sold my KP3 a while ago, but would be good if someone could do it, Korg deserve a good anal ramming for this.
πŸ“ Reply