Quantcast
Universal Audio Announces Softube Amp Room Plug-Ins for UAD - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Announces Softube Amp Room Plug-Ins for UAD
Old 27th January 2013
Deleted fe72b38
It's an old plugin.

I've demoed it on Powercore and to be honest, I always thought it was pants.

Surely UA could do better for an amp sim. Seems an odd choice to me, considering UA quest for world class modelling.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 ➡️
I call BS on this. Went to ML on both my systems and not a single issue. In fact, even software that isn't ML certified works just fine. Both Lion and ML run smoother on my machines than SL did. Fear to upgrade to the latest without a specific documented issue in mind is leftover Windows anxiety. get over it, or don't complain that new drivers are written for the latest supported operating system. You are two updates behind. What bug is it exactly that is worse to deal with than not being able to run your paid-for software the way you want? If avoiding the update is really that important to you, 64 bit must be pretty un-important by comparison. Either way complaints are unjustified.

Honestly. How long do you plan to use SL? If you have legally licensed software all your vendors will have certified working updates by now.
i'll run lion to the death of my 2008 macpro.
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years

Lev Perry on Softube Amproom:
http://youtu.be/B4G2xqZn01Y?t=6m04s
Old 25th February 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years

Now that 6.5 is released, what do you think of Softube Amproom?
Some consider this as "vintage" digital - but to my ears it hasn´t got that sharp hi-end that some of the newer amp-modeling plugins have.
It seems you have to be careful with the gain settings, because all of these "amps" sound like the´re being played loud very soon.
Old 25th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveminister ➡️

Now that 6.5 is released, what do you think of Softube Amproom?
Some consider this as "vintage" digital - but to my ears it hasn´t got that sharp hi-end that some of the newer amp-modeling plugins have.
It seems you have to be careful with the gain settings, because all of these "amps" sound like the´re being played loud very soon.
I thought they were just awful. Definitely not up to the standard set by Amplitube ITB. And certainly nowhere near the same city as Dedicated modeling boxes. Some merit to the ability to use them live with Apollo, but even based onthat I couldn't give them a second look. They sound completely digital and un-realistic to me.
Old 25th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I didn't care for the vintage amp room or metal amp room but liked bass amp room. Amplitube svx is fine so part of this might have been GAS stepping in combined with a voucher combined with the fact that I used it in a few mixes. This is why I try not to demo software:-)
📝 Reply