The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Casio Privia Pro PX-5S
Old 24th January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Hardware NAMM: Casio Privia Pro PX-5S

PX-5S

PRIVIA
The new Privia PX-5S redefines the stage piano category with unprecedented sound quality and performance features in a lightweight design that is supremely portable. Featuring tone editing, insert effects, MIDI controller capabilities, an 88 Key, Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II Keyboard and weighing only 24 lbs., the Privia PX-5S is ready to take stage.

POWERED BY AIR
At the heart of the PX-5S Stage Piano is Casio’s proprietary AiR sound source which provides incredible realism, detail and expression for grand piano sounds. In the PX-5S, the power of AiR has been expanded to provide stunning fidelity and control over other instrument tones and effects with 256 notes of polyphony.

OLD SCHOOL, NEW CLASS
In addition to Privia’s award winning grand piano sounds, the PX-5S has an arsenal of newly developed sounds including classic electric piano, harpsichord and clav sounds. Some of these tones are complete with release samples, amplifier and speaker simulations for an incredibly authentic experience.

SERIOUS CONTROL
The PX-5S is a powerful four zone controller, complete with 4 knobs and 6 sliders all of which are completely configurable to control internal sounds, effects parameters or send continuous controllers to other gear. Each zone on the PX-5S can control an internal sound, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously.

TECH SPECS
  • Keyboard 88-key, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II
  • Maximum Polyphony 256 Notes
  • Number of Tones 340 Preset / 220 User
  • Controllers 4 knobs, 6 sliders, Pitch & Modwheel, 2 Pedal Inputs
  • Arpeggiator 4 simultaneous programmable
  • Phrase Sequencer 8 Tracks, up to 1,000 phrases
  • Storage USB / File & Audio Recording
  • System Effects Reverb, Chorus, Delay, String & Damper Resonance
  • Insert Effects 4 simultaneous / Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Enhancer, Early Reflection, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Rotary, Drive Rotary, LFO Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion (w/ Amp Simulator), Pitch Shifter, Multi Chorus, Ring Mod, Delay, Piano effect
  • Master Effects 4 Band EQ & Compressor
  • MIDI Independent USB & MIDI I/O
  • Audio Terminals 1/4" L&R Input & Output, 1/8" Audio Input
  • Weight 24 lbs

PRICE MSRP - $1,299

Link : PX-5S - Privia Digital Piano | Casio Music Gear
Old 24th January 2013
messiaen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➡️

PX-5S

PRIVIA
The new Privia PX-5S redefines the stage piano category with unprecedented sound quality and performance features in a lightweight design that is supremely portable. Featuring tone editing, insert effects, MIDI controller capabilities, an 88 Key, Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II Keyboard and weighing only 24 lbs., the Privia PX-5S is ready to take stage.

POWERED BY AIR
At the heart of the PX-5S Stage Piano is Casio’s proprietary AiR sound source which provides incredible realism, detail and expression for grand piano sounds. In the PX-5S, the power of AiR has been expanded to provide stunning fidelity and control over other instrument tones and effects with 256 notes of polyphony.

OLD SCHOOL, NEW CLASS
In addition to Privia’s award winning grand piano sounds, the PX-5S has an arsenal of newly developed sounds including classic electric piano, harpsichord and clav sounds. Some of these tones are complete with release samples, amplifier and speaker simulations for an incredibly authentic experience.

SERIOUS CONTROL
The PX-5S is a powerful four zone controller, complete with 4 knobs and 6 sliders all of which are completely configurable to control internal sounds, effects parameters or send continuous controllers to other gear. Each zone on the PX-5S can control an internal sound, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously.

TECH SPECS
  • Keyboard 88-key, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II
  • Maximum Polyphony 256 Notes
  • Number of Tones 340 Preset / 220 User
  • Controllers 4 knobs, 6 sliders, Pitch & Modwheel, 2 Pedal Inputs
  • Arpeggiator 4 simultaneous programmable
  • Phrase Sequencer 8 Tracks, up to 1,000 phrases
  • Storage USB / File & Audio Recording
  • System Effects Reverb, Chorus, Delay, String & Damper Resonance
  • Insert Effects 4 simultaneous / Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Enhancer, Early Reflection, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Rotary, Drive Rotary, LFO Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion (w/ Amp Simulator), Pitch Shifter, Multi Chorus, Ring Mod, Delay, Piano effect
  • Master Effects 4 Band EQ & Compressor
  • MIDI Independent USB & MIDI I/O
  • Audio Terminals 1/4" L&R Input & Output, 1/8" Audio Input
  • Weight 24 lbs

PRICE MSRP - $1,299

Link : PX-5S - Privia Digital Piano | Casio Music Gear
O dear i don't like the demo sounds they have on this, sounds so dated comapared to the 'new' sounds of subphatty and prophet 12!
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiaen ➡️
O dear i don't like the demo sounds they have on this, sounds so dated comapared to the 'new' sounds of subphatty and prophet 12!
This is a stage piano with additional features, not an analog synthesizer.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The important thing: they made it white. People can finally SEE!!!

The dangerous part is that they're beginning to scrape the bottom of Roland territory. Someone might see the few hundred bucks and go for it.
Old 4th April 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Should be good.

I don't understand the negative reactions. Check out the Namm show demo, rather than the crappy sound samples.

I thought it looks a good buy. I'm actually pretty excited for the release. Should be good.
Old 8th April 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Me too. Cant wait to try
Old 14th April 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Anybody got a hands on review of this yet? I haven't seen much talk about it here and it's on sale everywhere online already. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one now but I wanted to know if anyone has had any hands on experience with it.
📝 Reply