Quantcast
Alive Cymbals - New Cymbal Library for Kontakt - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Alive Cymbals - New Cymbal Library for Kontakt
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Alive Cymbals - New Cymbal Library for Kontakt

This will be released tomorrow exclusively on Sampleism.

Alive Cymbals is the first in the new series of 'Alive' instruments for Kontakt, developed by sound designer and composer Nicolas Signat.

Alive Cymbals has been created from a set of 8 cymbals recorded with Audio Technica mics and Nagra LB recorders and preamps in 88,2kHz 24 bit, edited in the same resolution and then down sampled into 44,1kHz 24 bit with Izotope SRC.

Recorded in a warm room in stereo (close position), the sound is raw, vibrant, accurate, and extremely musical.

Main Features :
  • Wuhan 27" china
  • Zildjian 20" K Custom Dark Ride
  • Meinl 18" Byzance Extra Dry China
  • Paiste 16" Twenty Crash
  • Meinl 14" Byzance Thin Crash
  • Sabian 10" Evolution Splash
  • Paiste 2002 Cup Chime 5"
  • Paiste 2002 Cup Chime 5.5"
Recorded closely with stick, brush, mallet and/or bow with full sustain (download the manual for full details)
  • Several round robins and velocity layers (3-4 of each, average).
  • Attack & Release controls for all patches, Fx reverb for all the basic patches.
  • 12 sound designed instruments with weird pianos, bells, pads, sci-fi fx with modwheel control.
  • Custom GUIs with photos of the cymbals.
  • 44,1kHz 24 bit stereo files, originaly recorded in 88,2kHz with Nagra recorder and preamps.
  • 388 files, 1,30GB uncompressed, (982MB zip file). For Kontakt 4 and above with all wav files available separately.

More audio demos and links available very soon, in the meantime, here's a 'naked' demo (cymbals only).....

In this version you can hear all the patches from Alive Cymbals : the multi with the 8 cymbals loaded (sometimes with some fx reverb) and sound design patches.

Old 27th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi - Just a quick update. Alive Cymbals is out now....

Old 27th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Sorry - forgot to mention the price.

Alive Cymbals retails for Β£10.99 as an introductory price for 1 week only.

Usual price Β£15.99

Thanks for listening.
Old 2nd February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
These are really nice, both the realistic and sound design oriented instruments. Great sampling and programming. Happy customer. Kudos.
Old 2nd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vo1k1 ➑️
These are really nice, both the realistic and sound design oriented instruments. Great sampling and programming. Happy customer. Kudos.
Thanks! Glad you like them. The next instrument from Nicolas Signat is currently in development. It will be a massive drumkit instrument sampled in a huge underground parking space.
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
hi. cool product. congratulations.

i'm not a kontakt user but i do have kontakt player. will this work with player?

thanks,
marco
Old 4th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcpl ➑️
hi. cool product. congratulations.

i'm not a kontakt user but i do have kontakt player. will this work with player?

thanks,
marco
Hi Marco,

Thanks for the feedback. You will need the full retail version of Kontakt V4.2 or above I'm afraid. Sorry.
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi Guys,

You may be interested to know that Alive Cymbals is on sale at half price until midnight tonight only.

Now only Β£7.50

Thanks
Old 4th March 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I just purchased this library and it sounds great! I sent an email in to Sampleism ( a great company, btw) and mentioned that it would be great if they could combine all the samples into one Kontakt instrument on one midi channel, as opposed to the multi that is included which does the same idea.
The problem with that (multi) is you have to use an entire multi instance of Kontakt instead of just one instrument which would just take up one midi channel and therefore allow you 15 more midi channels of other Kontakt instruments in that instance. I hope the developer can put that together and email us owners and fans of this library as it would be very helpful (at least for me!). But very nice cymbal sounds!

Thanks!
Old 13th March 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
These guys rock!! They just took my suggestion and made a new patch that has all the cymbals in one bank. Yay! Available now!
Old 13th March 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Pretty darn great! Just grabbed them. Fair price.
Old 13th March 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Man! That was fast... Thanks for the update Sounding great!
Old 18th April 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Version 1.5 is now online...

Version 1.5 contains a new nki with all the cymbals mapped across the keyboard so it is now possible to play the entire range of cymbals without having to load the multi.

As Frankymax mentioned above

"I mentioned that it would be great if they could combine all the samples into one Kontakt instrument on one midi channel, as opposed to the multi that is included which does the same idea.
The problem with that (multi) is you have to use an entire multi instance of Kontakt instead of just one instrument which would just take up one midi channel and therefore allow you 15 more midi channels of other Kontakt instruments in that instance. I hope the developer can put that together and email us owners and fans of this library as it would be very helpful (at least for me!). But very nice cymbal sounds!"

This has now been implemented - Alive Cymbals V1.5 - Sampleism: snacks for your samplers

We are also working on a new instrument 'Alive Drums' - A massive selection of drumkits recorded in an underground carpark - Coming Soon!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…