Quantcast
NAMM : Behringer Nekkst Studio Monitors Designed by KRK - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM : Behringer Nekkst Studio Monitors Designed by KRK
Old 2nd March 2013
aoc
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Could the Behringer DSP be used like Genelec's GLM and KRK Ergo, meaning you could tame some excessive bass peaks etc. from the frequency response with it?

I was just looking to buy Genelec 8020/Focal CMS40, but then came upon these. Looks very very interesting.

I had the (Genelec 1030A) Behringer B2030 back in the day, and they were really good.
Old 14th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Poor mans KKLabs DS8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPro ➑️
Old Klawitter designs WERE Focals.

This is too simplified. Would Focal sell drivers to Keith Klawitter today for his high end company KKLabs? These look like the KKLabs DS6 and DS8. Just at a much lower price point.
I really like Focal products. In fact would purchase two TC-120K tweeters and the matching 8" woofers for my Expose E8 Expose monitors tonight.
Since these are not available when a woofer goes down I may just pick up a pair of these Behringers.

Old 21st May 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoc ➑️
Could the Behringer DSP be used like Genelec's GLM and KRK Ergo, meaning you could tame some excessive bass peaks etc. from the frequency response with it?
That would be more useful than emulating frequency curves of other monitors.

I just think that glass fiber woofer will never sound like paper cone even if one matches the frequency curve. I suppose that transients are going to be presented differently in different monitor designs.

I would rather like use DSP in these monitors to compensate the imperfections of my mixing environment just like you suggest.

Will it be possible Behringer?
Old 11th January 2014
Deleted f183565
The scheduled release was in the 2.quarter 2013.

1. Quarter 2014......nothing.

Any news on these speakers?
Old 12th January 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think they are never going to be released, like the 90% of the productos that behringer presented in the previous NAMM.
Old 12th January 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
They were listed on Behringer website under 'studio monitors'. Now they are withdrawn.
Old 14th January 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Dear All,

Please stay tuned for more information from next week's NAMM show regarding the NEKKST Series of monitors.

We are very excited for this year's show. If you are in town we invite you all to come join us at Booth #5244.

Thanks for your patience and interest in BEHRINGER!

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 24th January 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Behringer: NEKKST K8

Finally! Now let's see if mister Klawitter is right when says: "My best work yet".
Old 24th January 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So finally they are normal studio monitors. Thay have changed the shape, no bluetooth, no others classic studio monitors simulation, no nothing. Also I can say they look equal as my KRK V6 s2 with a different tweeter.
Old 25th January 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I wont have an issue buying the Behringer "Focals" at all if they are of the same *outstanding* quality as the Behringer "Genlecs" This is the way that beautiful capitalism works, keepsnthe price down, and if it really is a copy, the courts are for that. Sue him needs the publicity, more cities to build.
Old 11th November 2014
Deleted f183565
Time is flying, still no Behringer Nekkst in sight. Any news on these speakers?
Old 4th February 2015 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted f183565 ➑️
Time is flying, still no Behringer Nekkst in sight. Any news on these speakers?
Well...it seems obvious that Behringer's original design was just a test,to gather feedback and clearly,it's feature set(as it were)...did not go over well.

Personally,I thought the BlueTooth & Focal-clone bull**** was an obvious mistake,in trying to bolster the interest of newbies and put a significant delay on their release(which was totally unnecessary)....but at least Behringer came to their senses and became practical.
Now...the K-series is streamlined and price accordingly and they look fantastic & the price points are irresistible!

I am actually seriously considering Behringer again,as this newly re-vamped K-series looks very promising.

No word on the release date as of late...but I imagine that it won't be much longer of a wait(since their introduction at the 2014 Winter Namm).I mean...they've had plenty of time to put the new design into production & by now,I'm sure the current supply is getting very close to meeting the demand.
Old 1st June 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
So what's wrong with being able to switch between different speaker models as a means to approximate how the mix translates?
Old 18th September 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Seems they are now in the market. A s I have said, different shape, no bluetooth and no classic speakers emulation. They look like a Behs Rokits.
πŸ“ Reply