Quantcast
M-Audio M3-8 3-way monitors - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
M-Audio M3-8 3-way monitors
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hardware M-Audio M3-8 3-way monitors

Just cheked these monitors. The look great with the tweeter-mid-woofer like tannoy style.
Attached Thumbnails
M-Audio M3-8 3-way monitors-captura-de-pantalla-2013-01-24-la-s-12.45.01.jpg   M-Audio M3-8 3-way monitors-m3-8_media.jpg  
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Nice...
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'm in!! I cant stop thinking about them...
Just the looks have my attention
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Would love to see some specs/diagrams
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
The looks have my attention too and the DSM range was pretty cool, so if it is a step up from that, they will own!
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
nop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxavier ➑️
The looks have my attention too and the DSM range was pretty cool, so if it is a step up from that, they will own!
nah, not a step up from the dsm series, the dsm was marketed towards pro users, while this is pretty much an nearfield/midfield hybrid answer to KRK's rokit rp10-3.
From the pictures, it uses the same kevlar LF cone as the BX series, and it doesn't have digital ins, as top-of-the-line m-audios have always had (ex66, dsm series), as well as a relatively measly 3 eq settings. I suspect the price will be around 600-700$ for the pair
Old 25th January 2013
GnS
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Yes. Digital Ins are important. So that a signal can be converted back into analogue and feed to the amps
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
They look rather amazing, really.

But they need to sound WAYYYYYYY better than the BX series, which are the worst f*cking "monitors" in existence.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnS ➑️
Yes. Digital Ins are important. So that a signal can be converted back into analogue and feed to the amps
#yoda
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnS ➑️
Well it all depends on how you like to control your system. Do you want to have a monitor controller with switchable outs? Then you're bound to go the analog route.
In the end, you're just deciding where your signal is being converted, either in your sound card, or inside your monitors. Degradation and interference can also be problems over long runs of cabling, especially if you group your cables together with power cables etc.
I personally like more the sound of the digital ins on the DSMs, quite a bit more detailed in upper range. So no, staying on topic with my previous reply to the question "will these be better than the DSM series", no, they won't because of many factors, among these are digital ins
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addixion ➑️
They look rather amazing, really.

But they need to sound WAYYYYYYY better than the BX series, which are the worst f*cking "monitors" in existence.
Unfortunately the low end will probably be the same... it's the same woofer, just with a bit more powerful amp pushing them.. I doubt cabinet&port design can help with the "sloppiness" in the low end on the BX series... The tweeter/mid coaxial design looks promising, i guess we will see (hear) what they have done with the crossovers when they actually come out...
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Price...!!???
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I personally like more the sound of the digital ins on the DSMs, quite a bit more detailed in upper range. So no, staying on topic with my previous reply to the question "will these be better than the DSM series", no, they won't because of many factors, among these are digital ins
I guess it depends on what you use for converters...
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Interesting.
Old 27th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo ➑️
I guess it depends on what you use for converters...
True, i once borrowed a lavry converter (not sure which one, i believe it was the 4496-8) for a couple of months from a friend who was rebuilding his studio, it did make a difference when compared to my mbox. The thing is that, at the time, i was using a7x's, so the analog signal converted by the lavry was fed directly into the amps and speakers themselves.
The DSM's on the other hand have dsp circuitry inside, which means that even if you feed them an analog signal, they still have to internally convert it to digital, then re-convert it to analog to feed it to the amps. So by using a fully digital path you bypass two AD/DA conversions (and usually less conversions=less artifacts).
But this is just my opinion, i never tried the DSMs with another converter...
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Dsm3's worked well with my BLA Profire 2626 D/A..
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The DSM's on the other hand have dsp circuitry inside, which means that even if you feed them an analog signal, they still have to internally convert it to digital, then re-convert it to analog to feed it to the amps. So by using a fully digital path you bypass two AD/DA conversions (and usually less conversions=less artifacts).
Aaah, I didn't realize that. True...no matter how good a converter is, it can't "improve" the sound over going in digitally if it's going to be converted to digital anyhow.
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Very true...
Old 8th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
M-Audio M3-8 - NAMM 2013 - YouTube

299$ each one.
Old 8th March 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the info.

I mix on Bx8a Deluxe and Akg 701 cans. They needs to be loud when mixing (bad for neigbours)... :(

DSM line is replaced with Mackie Mr8 MKII (same quality as DSM2 but half the price).

I don't like the design... :( I would rather see new CX series... Cheers.
Old 9th March 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
The DSM line is not replaced with Mackie Mr8 Mk II.They're totally different monitors and brands also.
Old 9th March 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Anyone can say anything on here.. The Samson's are the new Genelecs!
Old 9th March 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I'd wish so!
Old 9th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Music ➑️
Anyone can say anything on here.. The Samson's are the new Genelecs!
The Rubicon line is excellent (at any price), but itΒ΄s out of line (so good to be true, I think...)

Ciro
Old 9th March 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Sarcasm.Have you heard about?
Old 9th March 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro ➑️
The Rubicon line is excellent (at any price), but itΒ΄s out of line (so good to be true, I think...)

Ciro
Rubicons are great bang for the buck!!
Old 9th March 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Everybody says that but i read a thread here and some people were complaining about their translation and even posted a freq response graph which was awful!
Old 9th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by klapaucius ➑️
The DSM line is not replaced with Mackie Mr8 Mk II.They're totally different monitors and brands also.
Mackie MR8 mk2 Review : Wanna Dance MR.?... - Audiofanzine

Read this article...

No one says ever on any forum for drastic changes in sound with DSM digital connection.

Cheers.
Old 10th March 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Old 7th May 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
and sounds???
πŸ“ Reply