Quantcast
NAMM: Behringer iX16 iPad mixer - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Behringer iX16 iPad mixer
Old 24th January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Hardware NAMM: Behringer iX16 iPad mixer

Ultra-Compact 16-Input, 8-Bus DigitalMixer for iPad* with 16 ProgrammableMIDAS Preamps and USB Audio Interface

You want freedom, and not just alittle… but, total freedom. The iX16 DigitalMixer gives you the freedom to workwirelessly from anywhere in the venueusing basically any device you have—beit iPad or iPad mini, tablet PC, laptop orMac computer. Our public OSC protocolwill even allow developers to work on theirown apps for Android devices.

Want to hear the mix in the balcony?Or, maybe the bass player wants you tohelp him sort out his monitor mix. With theiX16 you have the freedom to roam aboutand experience all elements of the mainmix from any vantage point—just grabyour iPad and get moving. And you can mixmonitors where they’ll do the most good,right in the sweet spot on stage. Better yet,since iX16 supports being controlledby several remote devices concurrently,why not give each band member controlover their own monitor mix?!

The iX16 inherits the X32’sremarkable processing as well as thefully programmable mic preamps you’llfind inside. But don’t be afraid, it alsocommends itself to the rather lessexperienced user, by focusing on a simple,streamlined workflow that can easilybe grasped. The iX16 provides seriousconnectivity, including a bi-directional18-channel USB audio interface forlive recording, home or project studioenthusiasts looking for a major stepup in quality.

Add to this a 40-bit digital mixengine that will take your music toa wholenew level of sonic clarity,ULTRANET connectivity for our P16Personal Monitoring System, and we’vejust scratched the surface of theiX16’s amazing feature set. Perfect forpermanent installations, just connectyour mics and speakers, grab your iPad—and fly! Professional gear—professionalsolutions—the iX16 Digital Mixerfrom BEHRINGER!

Product Features:
  • iPad* controlled 16-input, 8-bus digital mixer for studio and live application
  • 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
  • 6 TRS aux sends and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
  • 18 x 18 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
  • iPad* and PC apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or Wifi**
  • 8 buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing
  • Virtual FX rack featuring 4 true-stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
  • 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
  • Scene management allows full storage and total recall of your setups
  • USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
  • Integrated ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System**
  • MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
  • Future firmware updates downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
  • Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany

Link : Behringer: DIGITAL iPAD/TABLET MIXER iX16
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Head to head with the mackie's dl1608. I love my mackie but more competition the better.
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: yes ➡️
Head to head with the mackie's dl1608.
I haven't received the full specs yet but from what i have it would appear so.

Graham
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➡️
iPad controlled, 16 in 8 out,
4St effects,
ultranet,
MIDI,
inserts

Price : $999

Pic and more info when available.....
The question is : can it record isolated tracks via USB?

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartosz Idzi ➡️
can it record isolated tracks via firewire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➡️
I haven't received the full specs yet......

Graham
Old 24th January 2013

🎧 10 years
OP updated!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can you just cross out the "Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany line" though, it just doesn't sit very well with me.
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Wherever Mackie goes, Behringer will follow... :P
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricEldredge ➡️
Wherever Mackie goes, Behringer will follow... :P
Mackie guys have to be pissed about this. Anyway, if it records more than 2 channels, it's a win for Behringer
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartosz Idzi ➡️
Mackie guys have to be pissed about this. Anyway, if it records more than 2 channels, it's a win for Behringer
18 outs. Perfect for my tight budget!
Old 28th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
This looks like a very interesting soundcard. 16 mic/line pre-amps for separate recording below a thousand bucks... let alone the possibility of creating very nice real-time monitoring setups.

I wonder whether there will be other ULTRANET (gotta love Behringer's full caps) devices... so that for instance you could create many different headphone mixes from one DA conversion box.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
another Mackie rip off - I'd be very pissed!
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studjo ➡️
another Mackie rip off - I'd be very pissed!
Pissed if you had bought a DL1608 or pissed if you were Mackie?

To me there are enough differences (recallable preamps, 18x18 USB I/O, integrated personal monitor support, potential Android apps, etc.) that the iX16 may represent the same basic concept as the DL1608 but is not a copy of it.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
if I were Mackie ... the thing is. They were the first with that idea ... I whish they'd have more time to enjoy it ...
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswick ➡️
This looks like a very interesting soundcard. 16 mic/line pre-amps for separate recording below a thousand bucks... let alone the possibility of creating very nice real-time monitoring setups.

I wonder whether there will be other ULTRANET (gotta love Behringer's full caps) devices... so that for instance you could create many different headphone mixes from one DA conversion box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/iX16.aspx
Integrated ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System**
Old 20th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I downloaded the iPad app and it's the same app as the x32 platform.. question is.. can you use the iX16 with Behringer's digital snake ?

if so, could you theoretically add another digital snake to expand as a 32 mic input ?
Old 20th March 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboatguy ➡️
I downloaded the iPad app and it's the same app as the x32 platform.. question is.. can you use the iX16 with Behringer's digital snake ?

if so, could you theoretically add another digital snake to expand as a 32 mic input ?
Hi Jetboatguy,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately the iX16 doesn't have the AES50 port needed to support the S16 Digital Snake connection.
The iX16 features Integrated ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System, MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment, 18 x 18 channel USB 2.0 audio interface and a USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates.
Have you considered the X32 Compact? If not I have placed the link below for your viewing, you may find this product better suits your requirements.

Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 COMPACT

Kind Regards
Jim Knowles
CARE EMEA / Tech Support
MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER
Old 20th March 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Knowles ➡️
Hi Jetboatguy,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately the iX16 doesn't have the AES50 port needed to support the S16 Digital Snake connection.
The iX16 features Integrated ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System, MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment, 18 x 18 channel USB 2.0 audio interface and a USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates.
Have you considered the X32 Compact? If not I have placed the link below for your viewing, you may find this product better suits your requirements.

Kind Regards
Jim Knowles
CARE EMEA / Tech Support
MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER
Jim,

Can you provide any info as to when we will see prices for the new X32's?

Eric Dahl
Skeyelab Music
Old 20th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can anyone confirm if this has the Klark Teknik effects etc from the X32?
Old 2nd August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk ➡️
Can anyone confirm if this has the Klark Teknik effects etc from the X32?
Could anyone from Behringer confirm if this has the same Klark Teknik effects as the X32???

Also, any updates on an ETA and price in UK???
Old 20th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Knowles ➡️
Hi Jetboatguy,

Kind Regards
Jim Knowles
CARE EMEA / Tech Support
MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER
Can you tell the chaps down in R&D to scrap the ULTRANET port on this product because nobody is going to use the P16 when they can use their phone wirelessly . Put the AES50 on instead and sell billions of COREs and iX16s and change the industry forever please
📝 Reply