Quantcast
NAMM: Behringer X32 PRODUCER - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Behringer X32 PRODUCER
Old 24th January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Hardware NAMM: Behringer X32 PRODUCER

The X32 PRODUCER is a 40-input channel, 25-bus console with 16 programmable Midasreamps, 17 motorized faders and a form factor that makes it suitable for professional and home project studios.
A high-resolution, day-viewable 5-inch TFT screen provides complete visibility into the mix, FX and metering—plus it can be rack mounted via the included rack kit. Remote mixing is simple using an iPad or Laptop.

The X32 PRODUCER includes Klark Teknik-engineered AES50 ports, which can be connected to Behringer S16 digital snakes for expanded I/O regardless of mainframe size, and can be controlled using XControl for PC/Mac/Linux, XiControl optimized for iPad and XiQ for iPhone/iPod Touch.

Product Features:
  • 40-input channel, 25-bus rack-mountable digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
  • 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
  • 17 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
  • 8 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
  • 32 x 32 channel audio interface over FireWire and USB 2.0, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
  • iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge—no host PC required
  • High-resolution 5" day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
  • Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and all 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA groups and 6 mute groups
  • Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
  • 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency for mixing a total of 48 signals on 25 buses
  • Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
  • 48-channel Digital Snake ready** via AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
  • USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
  • Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
  • Additional user-definable control section allows to set up short-cuts to your favorite views or parameters
  • ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System**
  • Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
  • Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
  • MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
  • Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
  • Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany

Link : Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 PRODUCER
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear
Cool
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If this is for the studio, I'm guessing it'll work as a daw controller?
HUI compatibility?
Old 24th January 2013

🎧 10 years
OP updated!
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➡️
OP updated!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I wanted this as a DAW controller, but WITHOUT the audio side. BUMMER.

I heard rumours they were going to release a DAW controller based on the X32. Misinformation and I am disappointed. This would have made a kick butt DAW controller, but I don't need all that audio crap.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdpro ➡️
????????
Original post updated!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

I knew this was coming with the success of the X32..This will send shock waves thru our world..Just what most of need to complete our production studios..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➡️

The X32 PRODUCER is a 40-input channel, 25-bus console with 16 programmable Midasreamps, 17 motorized faders and a form factor that makes it suitable for professional and home project studios.
A high-resolution, day-viewable 5-inch TFT screen provides complete visibility into the mix, FX and metering—plus it can be rack mounted via the included rack kit. Remote mixing is simple using an iPad or Laptop.

The X32 PRODUCER includes Klark Teknik-engineered AES50 ports, which can be connected to Behringer S16 digital snakes for expanded I/O regardless of mainframe size, and can be controlled using XControl for PC/Mac/Linux, XiControl optimized for iPad and XiQ for iPhone/iPod Touch.

Product Features:
  • 40-input channel, 25-bus rack-mountable digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
  • 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
  • 17 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
  • 8 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
  • 32 x 32 channel audio interface over FireWire and USB 2.0, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
  • iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge—no host PC required
  • High-resolution 5" day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
  • Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and all 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA groups and 6 mute groups
  • Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
  • 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency for mixing a total of 48 signals on 25 buses
  • Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
  • 48-channel Digital Snake ready** via AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
  • USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
  • Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
  • Additional user-definable control section allows to set up short-cuts to your favorite views or parameters
  • ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System**
  • Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
  • Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
  • MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
  • Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
  • Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany

Link : Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 PRODUCER
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Price and availability?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I know you wanted a controller, but this solves a lot of small project studio probelms.. Summing, talk-back, pres..FX..scenes..Monitoring..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxavier ➡️
I wanted this as a DAW controller, but WITHOUT the audio side. BUMMER.

I heard rumours they were going to release a DAW controller based on the X32. Misinformation and I am disappointed. This would have made a kick butt DAW controller, but I don't need all that audio crap.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Would it have been too dificult for Behringer to put the same combo XLR/line inputs as they have on their new iX16 mixer in this mixer? I would never need to use 16 preamps, but I have tons of line outputs from my synths that I now would have to get line to XLR converters for. In addition, I have several dedicated preamps.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
i wanted this as a daw controller, but without the audio side. Bummer.

I heard rumours they were going to release a daw controller based on the x32. Misinformation and i am disappointed. This would have made a kick butt daw controller, but i don't need all that audio crap.
rrrr!!!! Me too!!!!!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I know you wanted a controller, but this solves a lot of small project studio probelms.. Summing, talk-back, pres..FX..scenes..Monitoring..
Sorry but I think youv'e got it wrong. Many small studios already have summing, talkback, pres, fx and monitoring. Many have had that stuff for years. The Yamaha N12 and digital desks from Presonus also cover most of that list, minus the summing. Also, many of us who have UAD, summing boxes, monitoring controllers, don't wish to hand all of those duties to one brand. For me, different brands are better at certain things. What they don't have is a decent size DAW controller at a reasonable price. The last one was from Tascam, or Mackie, if you include the fact that you had to buy three modules at close to 3k-4k for a decent sized controller desk. This area is empty and I thought Behringer were going to fill it. Four different versions of the X32 are released and no one thought to just rip out the audio and sell the surface as a DAW controller. EPIC FAIL.

Sent from my HTC Desire
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Sorry but your totally wrong. Many small studios already have summing, talkback, pres, fx and monitoring. Many have had that stuff for years. The Yamaha N12 and digital desks from Presonus also cover most of that list, minus the summing. What they don't have is a decent size DAW controller at a reasonable price. The last one was from Tascam, or Mackie, if you include the fact that you had to buy three modules at close to 3k-4k for a decent sized controller desk. This area is empty and I thought Behringer were going to fill it. Four different versions of the X32 are released and no one thought to just rip out the audio and sell the surface as a DAW controller. EPIC FAIL.

Sent from my HTC Desire
Completely agree.

This is a big hole in the market that is just itching to be filled.

It seems like behringer has all of the necessary resources. What are they waiting for?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Nope, not wrong.. Many small (bedroom) studios have ala cart pieces.

I for one, am not interested in another cheap controller.. We've had them (Mackie, Tascam etc) and have all all failed,or did not sell big.

What I want is a controller with analog front end, and not just some moving faders. That being stated, I think Behringer will come out with a SSL Matrix type unit.Giveing you and me the best of all worlds.

Quote:
Sorry but your totally wrong. Many small studios already have summing, talkback, pres, fx and monitoring. Many have had that stuff for years. The Yamaha N12 and digital desks from Presonus also cover most of that list, minus the summing. What they don't have is a decent size DAW controller at a reasonable price. The last one was from Tascam, or Mackie, if you include the fact that you had to buy three modules at close to 3k-4k for a decent sized controller desk. This area is empty and I thought Behringer were going to fill it. Four different versions of the X32 are released and no one thought to just rip out the audio and sell the surface as a DAW controller. EPIC FAIL.

Sent from my HTC Desire
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It takes time to properly (steal) cough! "re-engineer" Avid eucon" code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addixion ➡️
Completely agree.

This is a big hole in the market that is just itching to be filled.

It seems like behringer has all of the necessary resources. What are they waiting for?
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
its a mini x32 and thats awesome.. probably half the price.. ill get one to replace my 16.4.2 for small gigs..i like that they ditched the giant chrome BEHRINGER logo on the back
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone know the difference between this and the "compact" model?
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nope, not wrong.. Many small (bedroom) studios have ala cart pieces.

I for one, am not interested in another cheap controller.. We've had them (Mackie, Tascam etc) and have all all failed,or did not sell big.

What I want is a controller with analog front end, and not just some moving faders. That being stated, I think Behringer will come out with a SSL Matrix type unit.Giveing you and me the best of all worlds.
I think that is the point you are missing. We like having ala cart pieces!! We don't want any one brand covering ALL areas, because no One brand is best at everything. Even if this desk was from SSL, I don't want pres or reverbs from them, as they don't make the best pres or reverbs. I like having different options. For live, products like this are perfect, but an all in one unit for everything.....No
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Unless all in one is a feature someone wants. My mobile setup is heavy, with lots of setup. This appears to be quick and easy. IF it sounds good....
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlejon ➡️
Unless all in one is a feature someone wants. My mobile setup is heavy, with lots of setup. This appears to be quick and easy. IF it sounds good....
I think this is where this product will shine, in mobile and live situations, but I am not sure about it from a home studio point of view.Still, I totally admit, the feature list is VERY impressive and I am actually pleased that Behringer are stepping up. They have the resources and infrastructure to bring so much more to the table and the X32 range is the a great step in the right direction
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Anyone got a clue if all 16 faders can be used for DAW automation or if it will just be one bank of 8 like it is on the X32?
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
really curious about the price of this thing
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I think that is the point you are missing. We like having ala cart pieces!! We don't want any one brand covering ALL areas, because no One brand is best at everything. Even if this desk was from SSL, I don't want pres or reverbs from them, as they don't make the best pres or reverbs. I like having different options. For live, products like this are perfect, but an all in one unit for everything.....No
Who knows, if this is 'Behringer priced', it might not be all that different in price to, say, 1x MC mix + 1x MC control.
It'll certainly be cheaper than SSL's Nucleus.
In which case, just buy it and use it as your controller, plus occasions where you might not have enough channels for recording or CUE.

I don't think this release is something to complain about, though yes, I too would love to see a dedicated controller from them in the future.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
The difference between the Producer and Compact versions are quite small from what i can see - Looks like the Compact has the LCD channel info displays but that's about it i think: Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 COMPACT
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This needs digital I/O for a prominent studio role. Most people are not going to hand AD/DA conversion over to this thing... the quality is just not there.

I briefly had an X32 and its on par sound wise with lower-end audio interfaces. Not bad, but a step backwards from where most home studios are.

Furthermore, the Firewire/usb latency/stability are not the best.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

So have Behringer upped their quality a ton? If not, what's the point?
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig32768 ➡️
The difference between the Producer and Compact versions are quite small from what i can see - Looks like the Compact has the LCD channel info displays but that's about it i think: Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32 COMPACT
Also a larger screen, mute group buttons and lamp connector on the Compact. Rumors I have heard are a MAP of $1,999 on the Producer and $2,499 on the Compact.
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No direct tap of pres a deal breaker for me.

The only possible interest I might have for any of the X32 line would be to use the "Midas" pres for live work. Due to the fact they do not have direct taps of these promising pres I have no further interest however the new ADA8200 that apparently does have direct XLR outs may cause me to break my vow to never buy another BUMRINGER product. My question for any of you "experts" that have actually worked with the "Midas" pres that Behringer now ownes and offers: HOW CLOSE ARE THEY to the real deal?
📝 Reply