The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analogue Drums releases... another drum library *yawn*
Old 27th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanr ➑️

I'm responsible for about 80% of the demos on the site - sometimes I don't give them as much attention as I should, but do enjoy being able to put the kits to use with music. The other collaborators also contribute demos from time-to-time.
You are an incredible musician, as well as samplist, Dylan.

For users of Kontakt Player 4 on Mac OSX...I needed to upgrade to Kontakt Player 5 in order to get Big Mono Redux to work properly on my computer. The Freebie worked great, but the ten dollar Redux Version required the upgrade.

Best ten bucks ever spent on rock gear. I have Addictive Drums Indie and Retro, and Analog Drums sound more vibey to my ears. Hoping to pick up Monotown soon.

Fun stuff.

Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
The yawn totally drew me in too!! haha nice with Dyl
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Love these drum samples.
keep them coming!
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great work, especially for the price. Keep it up!
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Allright, the "Yawn" caught my attention as well Awesome drumsounds, man! Gotta get me some of this!!
Old 3rd February 2013
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Thanks for the kind words all! Here's another quick demo, drums completely untouched in this one - not a single volume adjustment or any processing on the channel, just the out-of-the-box sound exactly as it is.

Last edited by dylanr; 3rd February 2013 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 12th February 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanr ➑️
I guess my mission is to provide affordable quality tools, rather than high-priced ones. One day I might wake up and feel the need to increase the prices, but until then I'm pretty happy that the price is fair for me and customers.
The problem is, Kontakt/Battery is a pretty major barrier to entry.

I regularly recommend your stuff to people and they're always really excited and ready to buy....when they realise they'll need a Β£350 sampler just to use the samples properly. I absolutely love your kits, but I'm not interested in buying Kontakt. I found soundfont mapping for Big Mono, which helped a lot, but it's still a pain.

Have you considered your own VST rather than relying on Kontakt? If small devs like Drummix and MT Power can do it, I'm sure you guys can
Old 13th February 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Biscuit ➑️
The problem is, Kontakt/Battery is a pretty major barrier to entry.

I regularly recommend your stuff to people and they're always really excited and ready to buy....when they realise they'll need a Β£350 sampler just to use the samples properly. I absolutely love your kits, but I'm not interested in buying Kontakt. I found soundfont mapping for Big Mono, which helped a lot, but it's still a pain.

Have you considered your own VST rather than relying on Kontakt? If small devs like Drummix and MT Power can do it, I'm sure you guys can
Good points, I have kontakt so it's a non issue for me.

Definitely gonna pick this library up.

However, for curiosity's sake I wonder if it would be possible/convenient to distribute the library with something like this: http://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando/
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Biscuit ➑️

Have you considered your own VST rather than relying on Kontakt?
To be fair, I think that's a massive undertaking.
Well if it's going to be as good as Kontakt, or comparable to Slate, BFD, Addictive and Superior.
Old 3rd March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I don't mean to bump this thread back from the dead, but to answer this:
Quote:
Yes I've given the prospect a lot of thought. I would love to put out our kits as VST instruments, however it's not a trivial undertaking. If we could find a developer who would partner at reasonable rates we'd consider that too. Any VST devs feel free to drop me a line.

Another alternative we're exploring is to map our kits for the newly free sforzando sampler. It has a good feature set and we (or specifically PLJones - credit where it's due!) have made some good progress creating mappings for our kits in SFZ format that will run in Sforzando and will add support for our other kits over time. I'm personally trying to see if SFZ might be a viable primary format for us - right now it's too soon to tell.

So yes - I'm very aware that Kontakt is a big barrier for many, and will be trying to improve support for other samplers.

edit: @mmahan40 - hah just read your reply after writing mine. So far Sforzando is looking good. Not nearly as slick as Kontakt, the interface is fairly clunky, but otherwise it's looking viable.

Last edited by dylanr; 3rd March 2013 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: typos, clarity, etc.
Old 7th April 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Is there a way to route each drum sample to a mixer in various daws?
Due the fact that i need to track out my beats.
Old 11th May 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I love the free mono drums. I'd like to buy the Tape series One bundle but I don't have the full Kontakt and Logic's EXS24 is not convenient to use. I own NI's StudioDrummer and SSD4. Anyone knows is it possible to use/load/convert the samples so that they can be used in SD or SSD4?
Old 12th May 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso ➑️
To be fair, I think that's a massive undertaking.
Well if it's going to be as good as Kontakt, or comparable to Slate, BFD, Addictive and Superior.
There is a real alternative, it's called sforzando, free sfz player.

BTW the redux Big Drums was a good one.
Old 8th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I just picked up the Tape Series 2 bundle and I'm really digging these drums for some rock tracks. I like the way the controls are set up in Kontakt to easily get different feels and rooms. I have several Slate libraries including the recent Trigger and also own the Drumasonic's first version. These Analogue Drums hold their own against those big boys. Also, 4 different kits for $100 is a great deal. Oh yeah . . . I was really enjoying the demo tunes on the website. Those are interesting musical ideas and arrangements. If the developer reads this maybe he can refer us to the artists' website if these are released recordings.
Old 15th July 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
@MarsBot - great to hear that the kits are working well for you.

As far as the demos go on the site, they are for the most part not released anywhere other than serving as demos of the drums. A few of the demos have featured on a sound library website.
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Free interface update

We've just put out a free interface update for FatStacks. It's a mixer style interface, which obviously isn't a new concept, but makes the kit simpler to use and also more tweakable.

Grab the update here:
Analogue Drums - View topic - FatStacks: mapping update v1.85 (mixer for Kontakt 4.2+)
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Nice work Dylan!
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Thanks man, should thought of this sooner!
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any chance for Kontakt player some day?
Old 16th July 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I've thought about it, although we'd have to charge a lot more per kit, as Native Instruments don't make it cheap for 3rd party developers to make a Player-compatible product. For that reason you'll notice that there aren't any Player-compatible kits for less than $99 (and often priced a lot higher than that).

We're always looking at ways to be able to make our libraries more accessible while still keeping the price in the "affordable tools" range, but haven't yet found the ideal path to do this.
Old 16th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I didn't know about your libraries so I'm glad you bumped your post. I went and had a listen and your demos are really great to hear in isolation and in context. One question though: Unless I missed it, do you plan to make a brushes kit at one point, with snare sweeping as one of the articulations?

I also noticed that your kits are from the 60's and the 70's. If you can get your hands on a great sounding 50's kit, that would be nice as well.
Old 17th July 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
@Deltones - glad you appreciated the bump, I'm always reluctant to blow the trumpet unless there's a genuine reason to. To answer your questions - a brushes kit, without letting on too much I can give you a solid YES to that one. We have a few other kits in the pipeline so it won't be available any time soon, but brushes are high on the list for the next tracking session. I'd imagine stirs and sweeps to be amongst the articulations that would be tracked. But yeah, don't hold you're breath, we're a small producer compared to the bigger boys so these things take more time than I'd ideally like.

As for a 50s kit, I certainly would love to track one, it's really just a case of coming across the right gear. Down here in New Zealand there isn't a mountain of good 50s gear in circulation, but never say never, if I hear of something appropriate that's available I'll be looking to sample it one way or another for sure.
πŸ“ Reply